What's new

3200 error code

I really hope that is the case. I have ended up erasing all my contents and settings, rebooted phone. if It hopefully allows me to do it when servers not busy will i be able to restore my previous back up for things like messages and contacts. thanks

My first try after rebooting my iphone and it seems to be going through.......**holding breath**

Could be a total coincidence that I just happened to get through to the jammed servers on this particular try but.....

Last edited:
hi, can I just ask a question here. If I do finally managed to get ios5 installed. Because I have erased all my contents and settings will I be able to restore the messages and data from a previous backup? thanks

ARRRRRRGHH .... now my phone won't turn on. Now what!?

Hey guys! I was having this exact problem too! I upgraded to the most recent version of iTunes! Did a sync on my phone and made sure everything was backed up onto iTunes, restarted my computer, and plugged my iPhone in and I have the new iOS5 now! So you DONT have to wait until Thursday and I don't think it's a system overload..and I have VZW

Just to verify this error is coming up after the phone is backing up right??

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

i keep getting the "iphone can not restore 3200" or iphone can not backup 3200" message as well. I called apple twice and both times they said it was a server issue due to it being overloaded and to just keep trying.

so frustrated.

i have done it 8 times already, once it got to the usb cord itunes logo and i thought it would go through but it cut off and i got the same error message again.

i have done it 8 times already, once it got to the usb cord itunes logo and i thought it would go through but it cut off and i got the same error message again.

This. Im on attempt #5

it wouldnt be so bad if it didnt have to run a backup everytime. Im going to give it one more shot then call it a day and put it off till tomorrow. Should be easier then...

Put the phone to Airplane mode and try. I tried on my iPhone 4 and it updated successfully.

I ended up erasing my whole iPhone & on my 12th try STILL getting this "the iPhone 4 could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3200)." once it goes to preparing iPhone for restore...it seems like it's about to restore then BAM this crap pops up! UGH.