What's new

2 Users one PC

rws

Reaction score
I finally got ICloud to work on my IP 4. Lots of frustration with duplicate Contacts that was resolved by reinstalling the ICloud Control Panel. I want to use it to mainly for Contacts on my phone and my wife's phone. I have a main ID I use for purchases, etc and then she has her own ID. I have our Contacts divided in Outlook into her group and mine. My question is with the ICloud Control Panel. I have my options set up under my ID. If I try and Logout of that panel it zaps my settings. How do I set her settings up under her ID if w/o zapping mine? Do I go to her account on the PC and invoke the control panel under her pc account?
Thks,
Russ

To avoid all kind of mess with iCloud and iTunes, simply create another user account for her on the PC. Once she have her own user account, she can install her iTunes and her iCloud without interfering with your stuff.

She has her own AppleID. I guess I am not making myself clear. How do I sign IN to ICloud with her ID. The Control Panel for ICloud won't let me logout unless it zaps my settings. Everything else works great. If I elect not to use ICloud then we can continue to use Outlook for our seperate syncs but we have to hook up to the PC to do that.

I guess in my haste I missed what you said about a seperate account on the PC. She did have that and I had to set Outlook up so she could also access it. I then had to set ICloud up on her account and I guess it would all work. I quit on that approach because the whole intent, from my perspective, would be that I could maintain Outlook in one place and have both phones update. I would rather not have to sign in to her account to make the same changes I may have just made on my account. I am back to just syncing with Outlook via the wire & ITunes.
Thks,
Russ