What's new

2 iPhones, share an iTunes account?

jessicacope

Reaction score
Currently, I have an iPhone, but my husband is thinking about getting one and retiring his droid. If he does this, should he login using my iTunes or create his own?
I'm not sure of the drawbacks of this. The only thing I'm thinking is that it would save money on downloading apps that I've already purchased.
What are all the cons of him using mine?

jessicacope said:
Currently, I have an iPhone, but my husband is thinking about getting one and retiring his droid. If he does this, should he login using my iTunes or create his own?
I'm not sure of the drawbacks of this. The only thing I'm thinking is that it would save money on downloading apps that I've already purchased.
What are all the cons of him using mine?

He should definitely create his own. Accounts are free. You can still share purchases between accounts by authorizing each others accounts when logged into the other.

Thomasjtsi said:
He should definitely create his own. Accounts are free. You can still share purchases between accounts by authorizing each others accounts when logged into the other.

When you say, "logged into the other" do you mean logging out of my iTunes on my phone and logging in with his and visa versa? And authorizing that way?

jessicacope said:
When you say, "logged into the other" do you mean logging out of my iTunes on my phone and logging in with his and visa versa?

Yes... when logged into yours, authorize his w/ his pass word and authorize yours w/ your password when logged into his. :)

jessicacope said:
Ok great.
Thank you!

It's best to use 2 different account on your computer.

Me an my girlfriend do this.

On her account she has her iTunes, and on the guest account I have my iTunes. And log in and out freely and download whatever apps she may want....well....since I bought almost all of them.lol.