What's new

10.0.2 upgrade - camera fault

lizziejaneh

Reaction score
Since the upgrade my camera isn't working as it should. I open the app and I get a dark blur on 'photo' and 'square' but if I go to 'video' or 'pano' its clear and normal.

Is there something I need to do - I use the camera more than anything on my phone. Thanks

Here are a few things to try:

Force close the app - double tap the Home button, slide the Camera app thumbnail upwards.
Restart your device - turn it off and on again.
Switch to the Facetime camera, take pictures to make sure it's working correctly, then switch back to the iSight camera.
Download a camera app from the App Store, make sure you can take pictures with that one, then try it again with the built in app.
Reset all settings, in Settings - General - Reset. You'll have to gothrough the Settings app, and reconnect to Wi-Fi, ...

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help.

Sad to say the camera is not working again. Also finger print unlock isn't working either despite reconfiguring it.

This could be a software problem, as it's working with a third party app, and after resetting/restarting, for some time.

Try restoring your iPhone via iTunes, and if this doesn't help with your problem, visit the next Apple Retail Store, or contact Apple, to tell them about your issue.