What's new

Unjailbreak Iphone 4

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade to IOS 5 and i have a tethered 4.3.5 JB, but everytime i do it (with update on itunes or restore), it gives me the error 3194 (i've updated the itunes to latest version) and if i put it in DFU gives the error 3200, i searched the web and i found that sometimes tiny umbrella alters the hosts files, which i already altered to delete all the gs.apple.com lines, atm is without anything there... I've deleted my apps *edited for piracy* only cydia left...

What should i do to make it with ios 5 without a problem and get rid of jailbrake ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I've finally managed to restore my phone, Bellow i describe the steps i've done:

I've downloaded the version IPHONE 4 GSM (since i'm in portugal) choose the one according to your phone and try to do like i did:

The link:
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

Steps:
TURN OF THE PHONE
I DID THE STEPS FOR DFU (link: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/ )
ITUNES recognized the phone in recovery,
PRESSING SHIFT + RESTORE then pointing for the IOS 5 downloaded previously
RESTORE... and puff restoring working :)

If it gives you the same error 3200 just wait and try later maybe apple servers are still experiencing some difficulties... (this may only occur for only one more day probably)

And i'm done i have IOS 5 HURAYYY

Hi I just have a quick question, I have an iphone 4 running on 4.3.1 and I want to update to ios 5 do I have to restore it first to unjailbreak it or can I just update it in itunes?

Hi everyone, i have a iphone 4 and i still looking for that unthetered jailbreak for 4.3.5. Does anyone know if exist? :)i want cydia... Ty

Hi everyone, i have a iphone 4 and i still looking for that unthetered jailbreak for 4.3.5. Does anyone know if exist? :)i want cydia... Ty
I havent heard anything about an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5 yet

I have today iOS 4.3.3 with jailbreak. Is there any way to remove the jailbreak other than restore in iTunes? Cause I dont want to upgrade to iOS 5 yet.

Hi I just have a quick question, I have an iphone 4 running on 4.3.1 and I want to update to ios 5 do I have to restore it first to unjailbreak it or can I just update it in itunes?

Hi, i think you need just to UPDATE on ITUNES if there is some issues with update then try the restore option...

I have today iOS 4.3.3 with jailbreak. Is there any way to remove the jailbreak other than restore in iTunes? Cause I dont want to upgrade to iOS 5 yet.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings.

Make sure to do a back up first then after your phone has restarted plug it back into iTunes. Right click your phone and choose restore from a backup...

@GAZ6076 NOOOO!!!! he will be stuck at the apple logo if he does that. Erasing a jailbroken phone in settings will cause it to get stuck at the apple logo.

@GAZ6076 NOOOO!!!! he will be stuck at the apple logo if he does that. Erasing a jailbroken phone in settings will cause it to get stuck at the apple logo.
Thanks for the heads-up on that one. I´ve read something about that before though.
I´ll just wait until we have an untethered jb for iOS5 :)

There´s no need to first run the "reset" and then "update" in iTunes, right? Just connect the phone to comp and press "update"?

When did this start happening? I never had this issue when I was jailbroken.

In that case you will need to use ifaith to extract your SHSH's for 4.3.3 if you haven't already saved them. Then you can restore to 4.3.3. If you've decided to update to ios5 then all you have to do is choose update...

Last edited: