What's new

Unjailbreak Iphone 4

redjet06

Reaction score
I'm not happy with the new jailbreak for Iphone 4.2.1. How do I restore it back to the way it was before it was jailbroke?

Thats what I thought just wanted to double check. Thanks

Whenever i try to restore it i get a message saying i have to update the carrier settings first.....if i do that first will it brick my phone? or successfully unjailbreak it?...i'm afraid if i just go through with letting it update before i restore it it'll brick my phone :/

help?!

Don't worry about the carrier update. Just do that first then restore...

Hey there, I thought it was appropriate to post here instead of starting a new thread.

I have a problem with my iPhone 4, to the fact that the LCD screen has fused so it does not work, the serial is still in warranty. However, I did jailbreak the phone and i've got an appointment tomorrow at the Apple Store but I need the phone unjailbreaked because of Cydia, etc.

I've clicked restore on itunes and set it up as a new phone, although I cannot see if 'Cydia' and that is still on the phone due to my screen going bust underneath. Would that simple restore wipe the jailbreak and due to the fact that the LCD has fused, would they still be able to check for jailbroken files?

Are there alternatives to making sure the phone is completely wiped, say ZiPhone? If so, how would I use this? Thanks.

ziphone stopped working at firmware 1.1.4 dont try use that app

Hello, thank you for the reply!

I will avoid that. I clicked restore in itunes and clicked 'Set up new iPhone' as opposed to a 'back-up'. Would this clear the Cydia and jailbroken applications?

I just need something to make sure (with a fused LCD screen in mind) that these applications have gone when Apple check tomorrow.

yes restoring or upgrading will remove all jailbreak apps

Thank you. So, definitely clicking restore and setting up a NEW iphone removes it? I'm new to Apple products!

An additional question, how do they check for jailbroken iphones usually? Due to my screen not functioning, etc.

Thank you. So, definitely clicking restore and setting up a NEW iphone removes it? I'm new to Apple products!

An additional question, how do they check for jailbroken iphones usually? Due to my screen not functioning, etc.

just a restore will do the trick it doe snot matter if you restore to a backup it will still have removed the jailbreak...

by cydia being on your springboard and tell signs like a new wifi icon or barrel.. thats how they would tell

just a restore will do the trick it doe snot matter if you restore to a backup it will still have removed the jailbreak...

by cydia being on your springboard and tell signs like a new wifi icon or barrel.. thats how they would tell

Ah, well I have Cydia in a folder the last time my screen was working. How would I go about deleting that without a screen? (If it is of course still there). I have not edited any icons, except from an application from the App Store which gave you that opportunity to customise your background.

Are there 3rd party applications to completely remove every app installed?

a restore will do that for you .. trust me. once you restore thats all traces of the jailbreak gone

a restore will do that for you .. trust me. once you restore thats all traces of the jailbreak gone

I still have a bad feeling Cydia is still on there, but I can't check :( and that it will void the warranty when I go there tomorrow.

When I plug the iPhone 4 into itunes now, instead of getting "My Name's" iPhone I just get "iPhone" and the main screen says there is no SIM to activate the phone.

Have you had to replace one before and if so, how do they go about checking for jailbreaks? I'm a bit cagey about all this.

its not on there, once you restore thats it... i wish it would stay on there after a restore but thats not the case, works out well though if you need to take it back to apple like you do. cydia installs on the same partition as ios installs.. so once that is restored so is cydia and itunes does not re install any parts of the jb so apple cant tell you have jailbroken.. you worry for nothing :)