What's new

Unjailbreak Iphone 4

its not on there, once you restore thats it... i wish it would stay on there after a restore but thats not the case, works out well though if you need to take it back to apple like you do. cydia installs on the same partition as ios installs.. so once that is restored so is cydia and itunes does not re install any parts of the jb so apple cant tell you have jailbroken.. you worry for nothing :)

That's me, I always worry over nothing :p

Lastly, before I drive you insane, I had downloaded the latest iOS update from itunes, then rejailbroke to 4.3.3 using redsn0w to see if the screen fault was a software issue, then i hit 'restore'.

So, restore would just wipe everything off since the last software install from itunes, a.k.a. 4.3.3? I've heard of this 'Behaviour Scan' software they use, and hoping I get a person at the Genius Bar who does not look into my iPhone too much.

Is there a way to 'Erase All Data' without using the iPhone, say externally on the PC?

its not on there, once you restore thats it... i wish it would stay on there after a restore but thats not the case, works out well though if you need to take it back to apple like you do. cydia installs on the same partition as ios installs.. so once that is restored so is cydia and itunes does not re install any parts of the jb so apple cant tell you have jailbroken.. you worry for nothing :)

Lastly, before I drive you insane, I had downloaded the latest iOS update from itunes, then rejailbroke to 4.3.3 using redsn0w to see if the screen fault was a software issue, then i hit 'restore'.

So, restore would just wipe everything off since the last software install from itunes, a.k.a. 4.3.3? I've heard of this 'Behaviour Scan' software they use, and hoping I get a person at the Genius Bar who does not look into my iPhone too much.

Is there a way to 'Erase All Data' without using the iPhone, say externally on the PC?

i can see why it would worry you but there is no need to be.

yes it wil remove everything as well as app store apps, so make sure you backup in itunes and it will backup everything official so you can then restore to a backup and put all your files back on there

so if it works you have all your files there ready to go back on instead of having to re install everything manually and put the settings how they where

i can see why it would worry you but there is no need to be.

yes it wil remove everything as well as app store apps, so make sure you backup in itunes and it will backup everything official so you can then restore to a backup and put all your files back on there

so if it works you have all your files there ready to go back on instead of having to re install everything manually and put the settings how they where

Yeah, some people have said that Apple have this "special equipment" and other times they don't use it or don't even have it.

I didn't back up, decided if I am lucky enough to get a replaced one i'll end up not using Cydia and just stick with the App Store, as itunes had problems syncing my apps after the jailbreak.

Anyway, if this does not work I can pay £89 for an LCD replacement so it's better than losing my money altogether. I'll update with a reply to say how it went, fingers crossed. Thank you for the support!

no worries! and good luck getting the replacement. £89 is not bad, my brother was charged £175 but his iphone to a swim in the sea for a bit

I forgot to ask, the iphone can restore to factory settings without going into DFU mode right?

Update, I used 'iPhoneBrowser' and it said it was not jailbroken. Took it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and they were really friendly, great service. Didn't even connect up my phone and just gave me a straight up replacement. Even put a smile on the person serving me when I shook his hand and said "Great service" :V As I walked away I heard him say to his colleague, "Did you hear that? He said great service"

Glad you got your replacement. Apple have always been very good at replacing faulty iPhones...

Update, I used 'iPhoneBrowser' and it said it was not jailbroken. Took it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and they were really friendly, great service. Didn't even connect up my phone and just gave me a straight up replacement. Even put a smile on the person serving me when I shook his hand and said "Great service" :V As I walked away I heard him say to his colleague, "Did you hear that? He said great service"

yep thats what they did with my brother when he took his for a swim in the sea... did they charge you anything for it?

yep thats what they did with my brother when he took his for a swim in the sea... did they charge you anything for it?

They gave me a paper to sign and one to keep, didn't ask me for my card or anything. Although the paper worried me afterwards as it said 'Amount due' was £139 including VAT, and the warranty status in the corner was "Out of Warranty", when it was apparently purchased last october but when I phoned up, they said it was in warranty :confused:

But they didn't ask me to pay, so i'd be guessing it was covered by the warranty.

out of warranty? but it should be a years warranty? thats not a bad price though to replace it

out of warranty? but it should be a years warranty? thats not a bad price though to replace it

Yeah, it said "Warranty status: Out of warranty" unless that was a mistake if you consider they said it was in warranty on the phone and of course not charging me.

Let's just say i'm not jailbreaking again, not that it caused my screen problem but it was a close call last time. Don't want to find i'm downloading things from Cydia and it's slowing my device down, etc. Also, messes with my signal too so i'll try to resist :rolleyes:

mine is still in warranty and i got it on release day.. or should be any way as it has not been a year yet.. close to it though

well jailbreaking wont have caused any problems but what ever works for you just dont jb and you wont need to worry about if you have to take it back to apple

mine is still in warranty and i got it on release day.. or should be any way as it has not been a year yet.. close to it though

well jailbreaking wont have caused any problems but what ever works for you just dont jb and you wont need to worry about if you have to take it back to apple

Thanks for the advice, finally a good moderator who helps and I don't see that too much on forums :p If I have any problems, i'll be sure to post back at these forums in the future!