What's new

Unjailbreak Iphone 4

Hi, I've jailbroken my iPhone 4 but it won't sync with iTunes, am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Jailbreaking should not effect your ability to sync with iTunes in any way. Can you explain what happens? Do you get an error? In what way won't it sync?
If you provide details, we'll see if we can help...

I've pressed the power and home button to restart the iPhone as It wasn't registering in iTunes. It syncs till it hits the applications section of the sync and then says that it cannot sync applications and then will not sync the remainder of the sync, gets to 4 out of 6 of the steps and then stops :( I have apps I've downloaded from Cydia but from reading on the forums this shouldn't make a difference when syncing in iTunes.

WeepingAngel said:
I've pressed the power and home button to restart the iPhone as It wasn't registering in iTunes. It syncs till it hits the applications section of the sync and then says that it cannot sync applications and then will not sync the remainder of the sync, gets to 4 out of 6 of the steps and then stops :( I have apps I've downloaded from Cydia but from reading on the forums this shouldn't make a difference when syncing in iTunes.

Before you sync, in iTunes, right click on the iPad in the left column and choose "Transfer Purchases". See if it will then sync after this completes...

Cydia apps don't get addressed by iTunes at all..., so that should not be the problem.

I've tried to sync it and it got to step 5 of 5 and then said it couldn't sync because one or more apps couldn't be installed. it's all the apps I've purchased on my iphone in the app store. I did what f4790y suggested and still not letting me sync all the way throu

I've tried to sync it and it got to step 5 of 5 and then said it couldn't sync because one or more apps couldn't be installed. it's all the apps I've purchased on my iphone in the app store. I did what f4790y suggested and still not letting me sync all the way throu

Have you login the iTunes using the iTunes account you've used to purchased the apps? If yes and it's not syncing still, then just open the app store on your phone and login with your iTunes account and download and install the apps which can't sync via iTunes. It's free to download any previously purchased apps. Also in the app store on your phone, you can go to the UPDATE tab and there you will see PURCHASED tap on it to see the list of all your purchased apps, select anyone and install it for free in your iPhone, when that's done, sync your phone to your computer iTunes.

I want to unjailbreak but the new iphone update is out 4.3.5 and everytime time i try to restore it try's to update first, is it safe to do this or is going to brick my phone?

Restore will do the same thing as update. It will take you to a factory 4.3.5 firmware. The only difference is that with "Update" it will keep your photos, texts, settings, etc.

Restore will do the same thing as update. It will take you to a factory 4.3.5 firmware. The only difference is that with "Update" it will keep your photos, texts, settings, etc.

So I just want to make sure, your saying that it won't brick my phone if when I click restore and itunes puts the update on first

blomn said:
So I just want to make sure, your saying that it won't brick my phone if when I click restore and itunes puts the update on first

Nothing you can do in iTunes can brick your phone. A restore will basically wipe your device and install the 4.3.5 update. It's just it's normal process. Don't sweat it.

Since you are already jailbroken, you may want to put your device into DFU mode before you press restore. This sometimes smooths the process. We have a sticky on how to do that in this section.

Last edited:
blomn said:

Nothing you can do in iTunes can brick your phone. A restore will basically wipe your device and install the 4.3.5 update. It's just it's normal process. Don't sweat it.

Since you are already jailbroken, you may want to put your device into DFU mode before you press restore. This sometimes smooths the process. We have a sticky on how to do that in this section.

Thank you very much for the info I really appreciate it

Hi guys, hopefully this should be a nice and easy one to answer. during the process of restoring my iphone and it asks you if you would like to backup the phone first, does this include my texts, pictures, contacts aswell as just the apps?

Thanks in advance.

jaxon80 said:
Hi guys, hopefully this should be a nice and easy one to answer. during the process of restoring my iphone and it asks you if you would like to backup the phone first, does this include my texts, pictures, contacts aswell as just the apps?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the backup which iTunes performs when you sync includes those items. So if you backup by syncing, restore your phone, then restore from a backup, you will get those items back, along with your apps, media, etc.

jaxon80 said:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the backup which iTunes performs when you sync includes those items. So if you backup by syncing, restore your phone, then restore from a backup, you will get those items back, along with your apps, media, etc.

wow! thanks for the quick reply f4780y... for some reason im still nervous on restoring it haha