What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

It's up in public. Even of it wasn't, SyScan will publicly release it as well

It's up in public. Even of it wasn't, SyScan will publicly release it as well
Then we will wait for months again for a JB for iOS7. :( Apple will learn of the precious exploits and we'll lose them as options for a viable JB. Please tell me I'm misunderstanding what you mean by ionic went public with the exploits.

Nope that's pretty much it. Whether these are the specific exploits saved for 7 I don't know, but hey could potentially be used if they weren't publicly released

Nope that's pretty much it. Whether these are the specific exploits saved for 7 I don't know, but hey could potentially be used if they weren't publicly released
Ionic is pretty much a loose canon and not very well respected by the other devs. How are you sure of your sources on this, Willerz? Are they reliable?

Direct from SyScan. The paper is direct from SyScan and was presented in the convention over the last several.

i0n1c is the world's largest troll.
I'm well aware of his infamy - but my question is - did he really have access to all of the exploits PosixNinja said he has ready for quick jailbreak of iOS7? I sure hope not.

6.1.4 released for the iPhone 5 only. No jailbreaks will be available for 6.1.4.

That falls under selectively restoring if you read the top portion of it

Restore selectively: Restoring selectively means restoring to an iOS that's no longer being signed. This basically includes downgrading and re-restoring but I keep it separate to avoid confusion. The meaning in the case that I'm using selectively restore is more towards "upgrading". So for example, say the current iOS version is iOS 6.1.3, and you're on iOS 6.0.1 and you want to restore to iOS 6.1.2. This is selectively restoring, or selective upgrading.

From the sounds of things, those waiting for a new jailbreak will have to wait a long while. Reports out there suggest that iOS7 likely won't be ready until September now due to some pretty massive changes to the UI and OS itself.

Sadly I am one of those people waiting..