What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

begun his work on an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 untethered jailbreak as the exploits/vulnerabilities from iOS 6 are non-viable or patched with iOS 7.
I'm guessing you only read as far as "release". This is for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4th generation users. The consumer base for this jailbreak does not have a shred of care for the A5+ devices as an iOS 7 jailbreak is imminent

Last edited:
I'm guessing you only read as far as "release". This is for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4th generation users. The consumer base for this jailbreak does not have a shred of care for the A5+ devices as an iOS 7 jailbreak is imminent

Ok, I feel kinda dumb here and I am probably am, so please type loudly and slowly for me... The message said (or at least my obviously poor interpretation of it) that he was working the 6.1.3/4 JB for ALL iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad models. The reason it is SO important to me is that I have a 4S and I am still stuck on 5.0.1 so I can keep my JB. If he's going to be able to quickly JB 6.1.4, then I guess I should update to that now and wait. But again- why wouldn't he wait until 7 and just JB on that one?

My confusion is why even bother with 6.XXX when 7 is right around the corner. Obviously I'm missing something, so please forgive me. Where did it say anything about "
This is for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4th generation users"?

Thanks,
Ret

1) The 4S is capped at 6.1.3

2) There is no ETA

3) Again, you failed to read.

begun his work on an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 untethered jailbreak as the exploits/vulnerabilities from iOS 6 are non-viable or patched with iOS 7.

If the exploits and delivery methods are patched, why would he wait for iOS 7 to verify that they're patched when iOS 7 beta already exemplified that.

4) It's a clear indication. Every iOS device has ended its lifetime with an untethered jailbreak. iOS 3.1.3 had an untethered jailbreak, iOS 4.2.1 has an untethered jailbreak, iOS 5.1.1 has an untethered jailbreak. iOS 6.1.3 is the last iOS for 2 devices, and there are available exploits to use for them that DO NOT work on iOS 7. Why let them go to waste when you could use them to create a jailbreak. They won't be used anyways.

Last edited:
1) The 4S is capped at 6.1.3

2) There is no ETA

3) Again, you failed to read.

If the exploits and delivery methods are patched, why would he wait for iOS 7 to verify that they're patched when iOS 7 beta already exemplified that.

4) It's a clear indication. Every iOS device has ended its lifetime with an untethered jailbreak. iOS 3.1.3 had an untethered jailbreak, iOS 4.2.1 has an untethered jailbreak, iOS 5.1.1 has an untethered jailbreak. iOS 6.1.3 is the last iOS for 2 devices, and there are available exploits to use for them that DO NOT work on iOS 7. Why let them go to waste when you could use them to create a jailbreak. They won't be used anyways.

Ok, thank you.

Sooo if you were stuck at 5.0.1 with your jailbreak, would YOU update to 6.1.3 NOW in anticipation that it would jailbroke long before 7?

I'll shut up and watch the movie now.

Rik

No work is being placed on an iOS 7 jailbreak until the GM version is release. Even then, I'd anticipate that they'd only be doing minimal work until 7.0.1/7.0.2 is release because of the many bugs that still exist and will appear upon the GM release. Until there's news about a solid jailbreak with an ETA, jailbreakers usually stay jailbroken.

No work is being placed on an iOS 7 jailbreak until the GM version is release. Even then, I'd anticipate that they'd only be doing minimal work until 7.0.1/7.0.2 is release because of the many bugs that still exist and will appear upon the GM release. Until there's news about a solid jailbreak with an ETA, jailbreakers usually stay jailbroken.

Fair enough. Thank you for the info.

Rik

@winocm's iPhone 5 screenshot of Cydia running

BTloq_dIIAAe0Qx.png
IMG_0377.PNG

Last edited:
Winocm is Geohot.. So it's all nonsense. He's begging for donations now. So we've been duped again.. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Moderator edit-Removed Tapatalk link

Last edited by a moderator:
@Winocm is not requesting donations.

1) He does not support the notion of donations in his case as it's a hobby as he mentions time and time again.

2) He released the backbone to jailbreaking, he did not release the tool. Meaning only experienced hackers will be able to take advantage of what he's compiled

3) The person that's begging for donation is the real scam. There're a few freshly made Youtube accounts that claims that they're in the process of putting this backbone together to create a tool to jailbreak. He asks for donations to have "early beta access". One, he has no proof of an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 exploit, two, once there're actual tools or progress being made, or once he's accrued enough money over a period of time where it's "logical" to spend on making the jailbreak, he'll pull the project down along with any Twitter accounts, Youtube accounts, domains, etc, and high-tail it with the money

4) @Winocm said he was working on a JAILBREAK, not a method to port Cydia onto your device. Jailbreaking does not mean a tool that ports Cydia into your device at your fingertips. Jailbreaking means allowing your device to run unauthorized or non-Apple support commands/codes/projects/etc. He promised a JAILBREAK, not a TOOL. So that means one, he's not duping anyone, two, he is not begging for money, and three, he delivered.

5) @Winocm is not Geohot. His work clearly outpaces that of Geohot and does the job much more efficiently than Geohot has ever done.

Just because someone slams allegations against him on Twitter doesn't mean that's the first thing that you believe. Just because he didn't release an actual tool to jailbreak 6.1.3/6.1.4 for the illiterate, everyone thinks he's a bad person and should burn on a stake.

Last edited:
@Winocm is not requesting donations.

1) He does not support the notion of donations in his case as it's a hobby as he mentions time and time again.

2) He released the backbone to jailbreaking, he did not release the tool. Meaning only experienced hackers will be able to take advantage of what he's compiled

3) The person that's begging for donation is the real scam. There're a few freshly made Youtube accounts that claims that they're in the process of putting this backbone together to create a tool to jailbreak. He asks for donations to have "early beta access". One, he has no proof of an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 exploit, two, once there're actual tools or progress being made, or once he's accrued enough money over a period of time where it's "logical" to spend on making the jailbreak, he'll pull the project down along with any Twitter accounts, Youtube accounts, domains, etc, and high-tail it with the money

4) @Winocm said he was working on a JAILBREAK, not a method to port Cydia onto your device. Jailbreaking does not mean a tool that ports Cydia into your device at your fingertips. Jailbreaking means allowing your device to run unauthorized or non-Apple support commands/codes/projects/etc. He promised a JAILBREAK, not a TOOL. So that means one, he's not duping anyone, two, he is not begging for money, and three, he delivered.

5) @Winocm is not Geohot. His work clearly outpaces that of Geohot and does the job much more efficiently than Geohot has ever done.

Just because someone slams allegations against him on Twitter doesn't mean that's the first thing that you believe. Just because he didn't release an actual tool to jailbreak 6.1.3/6.1.4 for the illiterate, everyone thinks he's a bad person and should burn on a stake.
Willerz, I've been doing the jailbreak thing as long and maybe even longer than you have, sir. ;) I don't jump to conclusions. I do my homework. I'm telling you - Winocm is likely "not" who we think he is. We can just agree to disagree. I respect all the work you do. We just disagree on this one.

Last edited:
Hi willerz2,

I've got an iPhone 5, 32 GB, running iOS 6.1.4 (10B350).

Is it possible to unlock/jalibreak it? My phone is locked to Vodafone Portugal carrier.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

lilharco

For a standard user, no. For someone that's aware of how to exploit iOS/iOS devices, yes. There are no tools that allows for a one-click jailbreak being released as of yet if ever

Hi willerz2,

Is there a link on HowTo jailbreak iphone 4s on 6.1.3? I know it has to all be done manually with a lot of knowledge, but I think I am able to do this!! Sorry if you mentioned this in your OP? I may have overlooked it.

There are no guides yet. Even if there was a guide, you'd have to find your own vulnerability first. If you find it, then you'll know what to do with the backbone winocm provided

With iOS 7 released, the Evasi0n jailbreaking team has begun their work on the next untethered jailbreak

23UaMBe.png

iA94yCN.png