What's new

Question on iPhone 7 plus

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
I have the iPhone 6 Plus and I am thinking about getting the iPhone 7 plus this weekend. Is there a big difference between the IPhone 6 Plus and the iPhone 7 plus ? I read a lot of people complaining about the iPhone 7 plus not having the headphones jack. Should I stick with my iPhone 6 Plus or get the iPhone 7 plus? Thank you

There are a few differences, except for the removed headphone jack.

Screen size is the same on both devices, but the 7 Plus is brighter, which makes it easier to use when outside.
The chip of the 7 Plus is three times faster than the 6 Plus's chip.
The 7 Plus has two cameras, one with a wide angle lens and the other with a telephoto lens, so you can zoom in, and take portraits, e.g.
The iPhone 7 is water and dust resistant, which the iPhones before were not.
And the Home button on the iPhone 7 is different too. It's a solid-state button, as Apple describes it.

Hi J.A. Thank you

Just a couple of points to add on to J.A.'s post the iPhone 7 is water resistant not water proof.
You can still use normal headphones with it Apple supply a cable in the box for this. It's built into the charging socket.

So Tim don't keep us in suspense what are you going to do man? The weekend is here already [emoji38]

Hi Brixtonboy most likely going to buy the iPhone 7 plus 32gb over the weekend.

What's the waiting time before you will have it, any idea?

Hi Brixtonboy most likely going to buy the iPhone 7 plus 32gb over the weekend.
The 7 Plus comes with 128 or 256 GB, 32 GB are not available.
Edit: available, depending on the colour you select.

Last edited:
Thank you Tim for telling me about your waiting time, maybe it will come quicker.

Hi J.A. Some of the Verizon and bestbuy stores around me have the IPhone 7 plus 32gb and the 128 gb. I am going with the 32gb

Hi Brixtonboy thank you for your help