What's new

IPhone 7 plus 32 gb question

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
Put my iPhone 7 plus 32 gb beside my iPhone 6 Plus 16 gb and my iPhone 6 Plus 16 gb looks much bigger then the iPhone 7 plus 32 gb does why is this? How can I tell if I have the iPhone 7 plus 32 gb. and not the iPhone 7 32 gb ? Thank you

The Plus has a much bigger screen (5.5" vs 4.7") and it has a different camera (dual lenses).

Hi
Put my iPhone 7 plus 32 gb beside my iPhone 6 Plus 16 gb and my iPhone 6 Plus 16 gb looks much bigger then the iPhone 7 plus 32 gb does why is this? How can I tell if I have the iPhone 7 plus 32 gb. and not the iPhone 7 32 gb ? Thank you
The iPhone 7 Plus and the iPhone 6 Plus are virtually the same size, with the 7 Plus having the dual cameras. If your 6 Plus is bigger, then you must have the iPhone 7, not the 7 Plus.

the one on the left side is the iPhone 7 plus 32gb and the one on the right side is the iPhone 6 Plus 16gb
1248b85ad9b99bab39f0a1a6075fb561.jpg
c65c040543425ca4ce9c5078e3021ba7.jpg

Is it just me ? or does the iPhone 6 Plus 16 gb look bigger to you to ? Thank you

They look the same size for me. I think it's the case that makes the 7 Plus seem smaller. Take off both cases, if possible, and compare them once again. Or take a tape measure to make sure they're the same.

Hi J.A. Thank you

They are the same, Both are plus models.

iPhone 7 comes in 3 model numbers, A1660, A1778, and A1779. .iPhone 7 Plus has 3 model numbers, A1661, A1784 and A1785. Look in settings under About to find your model number.
As a side note, I was somewhere the other day and a friend pulled out his 7 Plus. It had a case on it and looked huge. I have my 6 Plus in a extreme minimal case. We put the two together and my iPhone was dwarfed, it looked small enough to be a 6 although it is the plus version.

Last edited:
Physically they're are identical.

Storage capacity doesn't affect the physical dimensions. As mentioned, you're looking at the with cases on, take those off and they're the same. The main difference I noticed between both is the weight. There's a noticeable difference there.

Hi Bear7962 I do not see model number in settings/about sorry

Got to Settings, click on General, the click on About (it's the top line), scroll down 11 lines. That's where the model number is, one line below the Carrier name, and one line above the Serial Number

I had both they are EXACTLY the same size apart from the rear camera module design. Trust me I spent a long time comparing them before I sold my 6s Plus.