What's new

Will anyone upgrade to Iphone 8?

I just switched to the 7 plus about seven or eight months ago. Had been an android user since the original Droid. One of the draws ( for me) was that it wasn't wrapped in glass. Now rumors suggest a glass back on the 8. Wireless charging ( if true) is nice, but I'm not a fan of the glass wrapped phones. Will probably stay with my red 7 plus.
I loved my iPhone 4, I think I can handle all the glass but it's nice for you that you can wait a few years.

I travel a lot and use my iphone7+ as a camera & to contact people. So far, I have been happy with my iphone7+ which I only purchased a few months ago. There are many new features in the iphone8 so I'd wait a year until they fix or improve everything that could go wrong with these new features. Besides, my phone7+ cost me a lot so I may wait for the iphone8s (if there will be one). The decision to buy or not to buy depends on one's specific needs. I don't need a new iphone at this time. Also, I buy my iphone directly from apple so it's unlocked, hence immediately increasing its resale value if I decide to sell later on.

count me in... I will upgrade to the new iPhone 8 as long as the price is reasonable, but I might wait till the price drops,

I will wait few months to see if have some bugs and then maybe. Because it is new phone at all in apple.

I saw a meme in Instagram (we all know how true memes are) that the new iPhone (assuming the 8) is $1,200. Holy moly if true lol.

I'm not upgrading this year. My 6s Plus is still all I need. If I did, it would be the new Plus model, rather than the anniversary Edition. I wouldn't pay $200 more for what few features it offers that the Plus won't have. The 7s/7s Plus, or whatever they call them, will have the same 4.7- and 5.5-inch LED/LCD displays as their predecessors. The iPhone 7s lineup will reportedly gain True Tone "true color" display technology, as well as upgraded cameras, the same powerful A11 SoC and wireless charging capabilities as the iPhone 8.

I have thought long and hard about this, and have decided that about 1.3 million people will upgrade to this model inc children and bus drivers

The iPhone is one Apple product I upgrade every single release cycle. I cant wait to see what Apple will announce in a few days :D Just hoping for wireless charing, the rest is gravy.

And like me a better spell checker :)

Rumours I've read today say there won't be an iPhone 7s and 7s Plus, but an iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and an iPhone X (what we supposed to be the iPhone 8).

Could be iPhone X-Y-Z with extra Chromosomes

That's what l read in the NY Times this afternoon

I think I’m just going to wait it out... this is the first year since the 5s I haven’t gotten the new iPhone around launch... but the 8 and the 8 plus really don’t offer me much.