What's new

ios 6 officially released!

I'm in Ireland and I used the maps on the way to work this morning and I'm pleasantly surprised. Really excellent and picked up alternative routes very quickly as I made my way on my usual backstreet shortcuts. I agree with most other posters here, ios6 seems a lot more snappy and makes my 4s much quicker. Im also pleasantly surprised that Siri seems to work perfectly here. All in all I'm very happy the update

What sort of error message are you getting boss_babe13? What are you doing when you get the error message?

error message 6.. i am now currently downloading updating it from my laptop idk if its going to work

I just click on settings after like it says and i tried again and nothing i even did the hold the home button and the lock button and tried doing it after that and got the same messag so I just plugged it into my macbook and trying it this way..

It put my iphone in recovery and I could not get passed anything so I had no option but to restore my phone and this is what is currently happening =/

i hope so! I hope that restoring my phone and trying this when i get back from work will actaully update but we shal c! people on here are extremely nice and I am sure someone can help me out

Well restoring it gave me the new iOS but I lost everything!!!! How do I get everything back it backed it up but I don't have wifi at work or iTunes

Did you sync with iCloud? Can try that, or connect it to the computer that you had it backed up to and select restore. It should ask if you would like to restore it as the last saved backup.