What's new

ios 6.0.2 has been released

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has released an iOS update for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, bringing the iOS version for those devices up to 6.0.2. The release notes for the iPhone note only that an unnamed Wi-Fi bug has been fixed.

iphone602.jpg

source: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/18/apple-releases-ios-6-0-2-software-update-for-iphone-5-and-ipad-mini-fixes-wi-fi-bug/

Yes its is true. This new update really fixed WiFi bug but cause another problem. Many iPhone 5 and ipad mini users complaints on battery drain. And that is really problem!

Yeah....... It drains the battery fast...... I've lost 25% in matter of minutes..... Hope they get on this quick!

Last edited:
Since I have installed this update, does anyone know if I do a iTunes restore from a previous back up if it will run as if I didn't download this update? I've lost 40% battery charge in less than an hour......smh

Last edited:
Since I have installed this update, does anyone know if I do a iTunes restore from a previous back up if it will run as if I didn't download this update? I've lost 40% battery charge in less than an hour......smh
I downloaded 6.0.1 Restore.ipsw from this forum, then in iTunes I was able to do a shift-restore and selected that ipsw file and chose restore as a new phone. Then I installed my apps, photos, music and email accounts.

Voidths said:
I downloaded 6.0.1 Restore.ipsw from this forum, then in iTunes I was able to do a shift-restore and selected that ipsw file and chose restore as a new phone. Then I installed my apps, photos, music and email accounts.

I'm gonna have to try that as well.... Thanks

Yes, iOS 6.0.1 is still being signed for the iPhone 5 if you manually download the 6.0.1 and "shift+restore" via iTunes, like Voidths stated above.

Thomasjtsi said:
Yes, iOS 6.0.1 is still being signed for the iPhone 5 if you manually download the 6.0.1 and "shift+restore" via iTunes, like Voidths stated above.

Been trying to get this thing going with no progress..... Please explain step by step what I need to do.... Thanks

I downloaded the 6.0.1, but when I go to iTunes to restore it still says 6.0.2 at the top..... Is that just how it is or is it supposed to say 6.0.1 at the top?

Been trying to get this thing going with no progress..... Please explain step by step what I need to do.... Thanks

It still said 6.0.2 until it was done restoring...

This is what I did (I'm using a PC. Not sure what key exactly if you use a Mac):

Download 6.0.1 that matches your phone from here: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/
Open iTunes and plug your phone in.
When it's recognized, hold the shift key down, while holding shift down click restore
It's going to ask where the restore file is. Point it to the file you downloaded
It will start to restore your phone, when asked if you want to restore from backup or restore as a new phone, select restore as a new phone.
That's pretty much it. When it's done load your apps and whatever else.
Remember, it's like a new phone, so you'll have to redo your email accounts, wifi, bluetooth, etc.

update.... i was able to download the link as well from this site as well and convert back to 6.0.1 successfully! thanks for the assistance guys!

update.... i was able to download the link as well from this site as well and convert back to 6.0.1 successfully! thanks for the assistance guys!
Cool, glad you got it working.