What's new

ios 5.0.1 update

Do any of you use the App Battery Boost Magic or SysInfo. I got Battery Boost Magic the other day and it goes into way more detail than the phone describes with regard to how much time you have for various things. It has Talk time on 2g,3g,Standby (Which is way different than what the OS says. (The OS says 13 Hours and the Battery Boost Magic says 111 Hours. That was with a battery at 37 percent) Then there's Internet Wifi, Internet 3g, Audio Playback, Video Playback, Use Apps, Watch You Tube, 2d Games, 3d Games, GPS Navigation, Take Photos, Record Videos. That is just so much more than anything the OS ever dreamed of displaying. The Application Goes into an explanation of How you are supposed to do a full cycle charge on your phone one time per month (They consider Full Cycle Less than 20 percent. It also has Trickle charge and Top off charge. I am not sure if it charges quicker with this application running but it is very interesting to see.

Last edited:
moebius_001 said:
Do any of you use the App Battery Boost Magic or SysInfo. I got Battery Boost Magic the other day and it goes into way more detail than the phone describes with regard to how much time you have for various things. It has Talk time on 2g,3g,Standby (Which is way different than what the OS says. (The OS says 13 Hours and the Battery Boost Magic says 111 Hours. That was with a battery at 37 percent) Then there's Internet Wifi, Internet 3g, Audio Playback, Video Playback, Use Apps, Watch You Tube, 2d Games, 3d Games, GPS Navigation, Take Photos, Record Videos. That is just so much more than anything the OS ever dreamed of displaying. The Application Goes into an explanation of How you are supposed to do a full cycle charge on your phone one time per month (They consider Full Cycle Less than 20 percent. It also has Trickle charge and Top off charge. I am not sure if it charges quicker with this application running but it is very interesting to see.

I also have an apps quite like your apps but mine is called battery doctor..but the function is just like your battery boost apps and i think this apps really helps me a lot..i would recommend this apps to any other idevice..

No way you have 35 hours of standby with 100% battery!!! Show a screen shot i would love to see it!!! By the way if you have your phone in standby/sleep mode you will have battery drain anywhere between 1-3% an hour. The only way your getting those stats you must have your phone turned off or you plugged it in since your last full charge!

Well this is not 35 hours but it's over 2 hr standby, still 100% battery? The phone has been in standby and hasn't been recharged.

I don't understand it. The day after the update the phone was using 3% per hour in standby?

Attachments

• $IMG_0087.jpg
    $IMG_0087.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 408
Is that standby time supposed to be how long the phone has been in standby mode? If that's the case than my presumption was incorrect. I thought that was the amount of time left in standby mode. My phone was in standby for about 4 hours and the phone went down about 5 percent. That is with wifi enabled and bluetooth enabled. Really not that bad. I had another phone that wasn't a smartphone and when I enabled bluetooth, I would be lucky to get 5 hours without having to recharge it.

WOW, I never had that turned on. Thanks for the post, mine is turned on now.

Is that standby time supposed to be how long the phone has been in standby mode? If that's the case than my presumption was incorrect. I thought that was the amount of time left in standby mode. My phone was in standby for about 4 hours and the phone went down about 5 percent. That is with wifi enabled and bluetooth enabled. Really not that bad. I had another phone that wasn't a smartphone and when I enabled bluetooth, I would be lucky to get 5 hours without having to recharge it.

5% in 4 hours is NOT GOOD i loose 1% every 3-4 hours of standby.

1 percent every 4 hours? Wow that's 16 days worth of standby time or about 400 hours of standby time. That's double the specifications on the Apple Web Site or about 8.3 days at 200 hours. I know that you won't do this, but I bet if you kept it unplugged for 16 days, it would go dead well before then. My point of this whole battery thing is that it is not accurate with what is really going on. I have other monitoring software that is reporting a different percentage of battery left. When the phone is reporting a battery at 78 percent. Another Piece of software says I have 82 percent battery and yet another one says I have 80 percent. This means that there is just no accuracy at all with that usage monitor and the numbers are all suspect.

1 percent every 4 hours? Wow that's 16 days worth of standby time or about 400 hours of standby time. That's double the specifications on the Apple Web Site or about 8.3 days at 200 hours. I know that you won't do this, but I bet if you kept it unplugged for 16 days, it would go dead well before then. My point of this whole battery thing is that it is not accurate with what is really going on. I have other monitoring software that is reporting a different percentage of battery left. When the phone is reporting a battery at 78 percent. Another Piece of software says I have 82 percent battery and yet another one says I have 80 percent. This means that there is just no accuracy at all with that usage monitor and the numbers are all suspect.

I said 3-4 hours and apple says up to 300 hours of standby and i do get atleast 3 hours to every 1% of battery!!!

Mines looking much better. So I was wrong, the update did help.
Over 10 hours on Standby with only 1% battery drop!

Attachments

• $IMG_0110.jpg
    $IMG_0110.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 422
/

Apple, please fix this battery issue ASAP, this is becoming very annoying indeed!!!!!!!!!!!

/