What's new

ios 5.0.1 update

Is this usage normal for you? I am still on 5.0:

$image-2211476655.jpg

I upgraded yesterday too. I never really had a battery problem but i think it maybe even a little better in standby now. As of right now i have 2 hours and 23 minutes of use and 17 hours and 39 minutes of standby and i have 72% right now. I think thats pretty good. Now if they can only fix of how fast it uses batter while in use. I think mine is about the same as my old android for using battery while in use but i know its better then my android in standby.

Turned it on at 0800. Heavy use today music, txt, posts, downloads the whole boat just trying to drain the battery. I'm usually at 20-25% at this time in the day (2230) as u can see by the screen shot I'm sitting in the low 40% range. Will need a few days to see if the update really improved battery life. I'm satisfied with it now.

Attachments

• $image-1740521749.jpg
    $image-1740521749.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 407
Turned it on at 0800. Heavy use today music, txt, posts, downloads the whole boat just trying to drain the battery. I'm usually at 20-25% at this time in the day (2230) as u can see by the screen shot I'm sitting in the low 40% range. Will need a few days to see if the update really improved battery life. I'm satisfied with it now.

Thats really good are you only using WIFI?

I have upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1, and I can't tell much of a difference with the battery life issue, but my phone does run smoother than it did previously when I was on 5.0. Still some work to do though on Apple's part. Not sure if I would recommend to upgrade or not.

Mines running smoother. Keyboard isn't glitchy sometimes.
The Bluetooth syncs so easy.
Got hand controls back in f150
Battery seems the same?

sgtjiggy said:

I think that's one of the best battery life I've seen. A long standby time and a lot of usage time but still have 40%.

This was mine but with moderate use, mostly text messages, and a little bit of games and about 4 calls lasting 2-5mins average.

(4S, iOS 5.0)

Took this one a few seconds before my phone died.

I'm hesitant to upgrade because there are different feedbacks regarding battery life. Since mine seems to be okay, I think staying on 5.0 would be good for now until they settle eerything.

Attachments

• $image-184488041.jpg
    $image-184488041.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 398
Im just gonna hang with 5.0. Im not having any issues with it and Im Jailbroken. My wife is still on 4.2.10 mainly cause she doesn't know how to update but she likes the phone how it was when she bought it. She doesn't even update apps cause she is happy with the way they are.

i didnt notice difference yesterday but today I am definitely noticing quicker battery loss. Is there a site we can write to apple ? Or are they aware ?

thanks guys for all the reply...n i think i know now whether i should upgrade to ios 5.0.1 or not...
actually i'm not having any battery issue with my iphone running on ios 5.0, so i'm gonna stick with ios 5.0...
but as a die hard apple fans, if there are new ios update, i'm very eager to update, i mean that's just my nature i think..
but hopefully apple with notice this and overcome the battery problem..but then again as usual, when apple release the update for the first time,
they are not very much stable..we have to wait for a couple of weeks before it become really stable..

but then again, thanks a lot guys..u guys rock!!

I have had my phone for one week and it works great...last night I did the update (Didnt know there were possible problems) noticed this morning it seemed that my battery was draining faster than before..I happen to get on here and read the problems people are having and am pissed I updated...

I would say if you are happy with your phone and havent updated DONT...If you havent updated and are having problems it may be worth a shot to update...

JMO...

I have had my phone for one week and it works great...last night I did the update (Didnt know there were possible problems) noticed this morning it seemed that my battery was draining faster than before..I happen to get on here and read the problems people are having and am pissed I updated...

I would say if you are happy with your phone and havent updated DONT...If you havent updated and are having problems it may be worth a shot to update...

JMO...

yeah i totally agree with u...

eddieg said:
Thats really good are you only using WIFI?

I used mix of both. I might add that I kept BT and WiFi on most of the day. Today I streamed the Nebraska/Penn State game over TuneinRadio (what a power sucker that app is). However I was also moderately posting, received a call while running the ESPN Sportscenter app traveling to a football game in Lincoln NE. (in and out of strong coverage) I'm at 40%