What's new

ios 5.0.1 update

So here's mine after fully charged its down to 93% already by just surfing the web and listening to music at the same time for 36 mins. Damn! This phone sucks!
if you were surfing the internet on 3G network and playing musics at the same time, then i can just say that you are having a good battery life. if It was on wifi, then your battery life is just a little bit poor.

is it normal while im on the phone for the 3g to disappear no more internet no nothing ? after i end the call it takes around 1 min to reconnect

AATT said:
is it normal while im on the phone for the 3g to disappear no more internet no nothing ? after i end the call it takes around 1 min to reconnect

That's not not normal. It's should reconnect right after you end the phone call.

eddieg said:
I agree 10% usage after he says he used the living hell out of it for 14 hours kind of hard to believe! Post a screen shot of your statistics?

Here is my screen shot. Have not upgraded to 5.0.1. Staying put with 5.0 until there is another major upgrade. My battery is fantastic. Seems to have gotten much better with 5.0. Now on day 2 as I an going to run battery all the way down to season battery. Day 2 and still on 33%. I am a fairly heavy user so I have a saying. If it ain't broke don't fix it. My battery time is stellar and everything is on wifi, Bluetooth and all notifications. Hope everyone can work thru the battery issues with their 4S.

$image-643630900.jpg

$image-354177028.jpg

EWyatt said:
This is all too nuts. As PocoBear noted, best to wait it out until the dust settles. Some say it increases life, others that it decreases, others that it makes no difference. What's a sane person supposed to believe! Sounds like keeping my iOS version 4.1 is my better choice after all!

You should move up to 5.0. Great new features plus notifications bar is great

I keep hearing that the next update will be out soon AND I hear that it will be out in a few weeks.

I am still on 5.0 - hoping a jailbreak is soon to come.... but my hope on that is dying more and more each day.

Take care,
Rob

I finally bit the bullet & downloaded 5.01 on my iphone 4s last night. Not noticing any difference yet but it wasn't a heavy usage day. I'll post any major changes if I notice any though.

philinpdx said:
I finally bit the bullet & downloaded 5.01 on my iphone 4s last night. Not noticing any difference yet but it wasn't a heavy usage day. I'll post any major changes if I notice any though.

It depends if you had issues with your iPhone 4S. I did at the start and the battery levels are really weird. My stand by is good. Don't loose any power that is noticeable. This is what I got. Not the greatest but ok. What I have noticed is has soon has I use the device the battery deplete quick. But when I leave it idle. My standby is brilliant.
Most users are saying they are experiencing bad standby. I'm not. Just my usage.
Especially Facebook, Internet kills my battery quicker than my old 4

Attachments

• $image-3784108754.jpg
    $image-3784108754.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 391
It depends if you had issues with your iPhone 4S. I did at the start and the battery levels are really weird. My stand by is good. Don't loose any power that is noticeable. This is what I got. Not the greatest but ok. What I have noticed is has soon has I use the device the battery deplete quick. But when I leave it idle. My standby is brilliant.
Most users are saying they are experiencing bad standby. I'm not. Just my usage.
Especially Facebook, Internet kills my battery quicker than my old 4

Well I've got 44% left after 3 hours & 36 active minutes (mostly some phone calls) and 8 hours 56 mins standby. So, that's not great but not totally horrible either. I've been doing heavy researching on getting 1 or 2 Battery Case Chargers so regardless of how much or little the new update helps, I'll still have a backup plan for additional battery life. I've really scoped out the gambit out there if anyone is curious.

There is another thread but I've leaned about even more since my last postings on that.

philinpdx said:
Well I've got 44% left after 3 hours & 36 active minutes (mostly some phone calls) and 8 hours 56 mins standby. So, that's not great but not totally horrible either. I've been doing heavy researching on getting 1 or 2 Battery Case Chargers so regardless of how much or little the new update helps, I'll still have a backup plan for additional battery life. I've really scoped out the gambit out there if anyone is curious.

There is another thread but I've leaned about even more since my last postings on that.

Did you set up has a new iPhone of restore from back up?