What's new

How to Unlock the iPhone 4 Using UltraSn0w

I have iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 baseband 03.10.01. the phone is locked to AT&T. can I factory unlock the mobile? if not now. another way to unlock it? anyone know when the unlock is coming? please reply me.
Factory Unlock... not at this point. However, w/ the 3.10.01 BB you're only option for Unlocking is by using the Gevey Ultra sim from Applenberry.com.

At&t unlock procedure is a bit harsh now. You also need your at&t number , account details, place of purchase to get unlock from them! Such is life :|

thats what happens when you buy a iphone from one country locked to use in another...

Hi,

I wanted to say THANKS for the jailbreak and unlock tutorial.

I, unfortunately, did not follow the tutorial yet because I don't see 1.59 next to Modem Firmware... I am scared it might mess up my device and wanted to ask your opinion. Here is my HW situation:

- iPhone 4, originally locked to Croatian T-Mobile
- 4GB model
- currently jailbroken and unlocked using GEVEY SIM CHIP (now I use it on all carriers in the US and Europe)
- OS Version 4.3.3 (8J2)
- Modem Firmware 04.10.01
- the SIMs I am using are CUT version of a large SIM (I made them micro, they're not original micro SIM - some of the carriers I use still don't carry microSIM)
- iTunes version 10.5.1 (42)
- MacBook Pro

I tried updating to 5.0 following DevTeam instructions (redsnow customize IPSW, etc.) a few months ago but, in iTunes, I would ALWAYS get the message that my phone is not eligible for something (don't remember the exact message). So I gave up.

Taught by previous jailbreak and unlock experiences, I was afraid to update iTunes so I am still running iTunes 10.5.1 (42) on my MacBook Pro and refuse to update it (until I successfully unlock my phone again).

Now my questions are the following:

1. May I download the latest version of iTunes?
2. Do I update my device to the lastest firmware (via iTunes - legal way) first?
3. If the answer to Q2 is NO, which firmware do I use and HOW?
4. Do I first update my phone (risking not being able to jailbreak it or unlock it) and then follow one or more of these instructions?
5. Is the fact that I have GEVEY SIM chip a problem?
6. Will I be able to throw the GEVEY SIM chip away?
7. Which tutorials should I use?
8. Is it a problem if the carriers I use don't have microSIM but I just cut the SIM to fit (and currently work with my phone)?

Big thanks in advance

take care
B