What's new

How to Unlock the iPhone 4 Using UltraSn0w

Ultrasn0w now updated to work with ios5! BUT you still need to preserve the baseband (01.59) see post #1 for more info

Unleashed said:
Ultrasn0w now updated to work with ios5! BUT you still need to preserve the baseband (01.59) see post #1 for more info

I just had a brand new iPhone 4 ordered from AT&T and shipped to my address. Here are my questions if any one would mind answering.

1. I was reading AT&T's contract and it said that the new iPhone has to be activated with in 7 days from receiving. I don't want it to shut down the other persons account. So can I just put there sim card in the phone and let it reach AT&T's signal and then jailbreak it and unlock it while preserving the bb and all is good to use with T-Mobiles sim?

2. Which is the best way to unlock and jailbreak with keeping the same bb?

I am new to all of this and thank you for all of you help, info, and links.

William

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I just had a brand new iPhone 4 ordered from AT&T and shipped to my address. Here are my questions if any one would mind answering.

1. I was reading AT&T's contract and it said that the new iPhone has to be activated with in 7 days from receiving. I don't want it to shut down the other persons account. So can I just put there sim card in the phone and let it reach AT&T's signal and then jailbreak it and unlock it while preserving the bb and all is good to use with T-Mobiles sim?

2. Which is the best way to unlock and jailbreak with keeping the same bb?

I am new to all of this and thank you for all of you help, info, and links.

William

Hi there,

Sorry to bring bad news but it does not work that way. Since you have stock ipsw of ios 5 it will not be possible to use this method of unlock and I advise do not try it because you will only cause problems. the 01.59 baseband was available on ios 4.0 so people who have been upgrading while preserving that baseband this whole time are now able to yet again upgrade to ios 5 and preserve the baseband to unlock so this method for you having the stock ios 5 already installed will be pretty useless I am afraid and using methods such as gevey sim would be your only option. At least until there is a new ultrans0w that might support newer basebands

I do it step by step as your pictures shown, thank you very much!

Unleashed said:
Hi there,

Sorry to bring bad news but it does not work that way. Since you have stock ipsw of ios 5 it will not be possible to use this method of unlock and I advise do not try it because you will only cause problems. the 01.59 baseband was available on ios 4.0 so people who have been upgrading while preserving that baseband this whole time are now able to yet again upgrade to ios 5 and preserve the baseband to unlock so this method for you having the stock ios 5 already installed will be pretty useless I am afraid and using methods such as gevey sim would be your only option. At least until there is a new ultrans0w that might support newer basebands

I have been reading multiple forums and don't remember where I saw it but if someone were to create a copy of there Ipsw that has IOS 4.3.5 or IOS5 and the preserved baseband 01.59 and post that Ipsw couldn't you do the shift restore or shift update and select that Ipsw file and all would be good? I'm new to this and am just wondering if that's an option. Also are the new iPhone 4's already being shipped with IOS5?

I have been reading multiple forums and don't remember where I saw it but if someone were to create a copy of there Ipsw that has IOS 4.3.5 or IOS5 and the preserved baseband 01.59 and post that Ipsw couldn't you do the shift restore or shift update and select that Ipsw file and all would be good? I'm new to this and am just wondering if that's an option. Also are the new iPhone 4's already being shipped with IOS5?

Once you are on the newer baseband there is no going down...so ignore what you have been reading as it does not apply to you

Unleashed said:
Once you are on the newer baseband there is no going down...so ignore what you have been reading as it does not apply to you

Okay thank you for the info. I figured to easy to be true.

No worries, its a shame that you where not on the right baseband but you can either wait for a new version of ultrasn0w that will some day probably support newer basebands or use sim solutions such as gevey sim if you are in a rush, but even that will eventually stop working.. what carrier is the phone locked to?

Unleashed said:
No worries, its a shame that you where not on the right baseband but you can either wait for a new version of ultrasn0w that will some day probably support newer basebands or use sim solutions such as gevey sim if you are in a rush, but even that will eventually stop working.. what carrier is the phone locked to?

It's a brand new iPhone 4 shipped from AT&T. So will the Gevey sim work on it to allow my T-Mobile sim card to work?

It's a brand new iPhone 4 shipped from AT&T. So will the Gevey sim work on it to allow my T-Mobile sim card to work?

In the states they sell them factory unlocked now it might be worth trading it and buying a sim free device

Unleashed said:
In the states they sell them factory unlocked now it might be worth trading it and buying a sim free device

I think it still has 4.3.5 installed on it. The box and everything doesn't say anything about iOS 5. I will find out tomorrow when I stick the Gevey in it.

I think it still has 4.3.5 installed on it. The box and everything doesn't say anything about iOS 5. I will find out tomorrow when I stick the Gevey in it.

We it would ship with iOS 5 now but being factory unlocked it would make no difference what firmware or baseband they he device is on as it would mean that it will unlock with any gsm micro sim world wide that supports it do you would not need to use gevey

My iphone 4 modem firmware is 04.11.08. will i be able to jailbreak?

My iphone 4 modem firmware is 04.11.08. will i be able to jailbreak?

the baseband (modem firmware) makes no difference for jailbreaking, only unlock. there is a jailbreak for every firmware released so far (not the 4S)