What's new

How to Unlock the iPhone 4 Using UltraSn0w

Oh god.....okay.....I did a little research on the gevey sim...but from what I was watching on the youtube video's shows that I need a carriers sim to use with it. Is this correct? I thank you so much for helping me out with this.....I didn't realize it would be such a hassle.

Sorry...so should I get rid of Cydia and everything I've done? If so, how? Will reset do it?

lol...I feel like such a loser :-/

I dont know how gevey sim works im afraid but you dont have to remove the jailbreak, only if you want to, but if you remove the jailbreak you wont even have access to your iphone yo will just have a locked screen telling you to activate it.

It is hassle buying locked phones and relying on unlock but even america have them factory unlocked now so i think less and less people will need unlocks to the point where the devs dont even bother releasing unlocks or working on them.

But your only hope is gevey sim atm or use it as a ipod touch instead of an iphone.

Okay, well thank you so much. I did do a search on unlocking this version and Devs are still working on it, so hopefully that will happen soon, if not I guess its Gevey Sim. I bought this phone so I didn't have to go with a contract and just have my own phone with a simple plan (mainly to get away from Telus).....I'm thinking' I screwed up:) Oh well.....live and learn they say:) Have a good one and thank you.

Ann

Okay, well thank you so much. I did do a search on unlocking this version and Devs are still working on it, so hopefully that will happen soon, if not I guess its Gevey Sim. I bought this phone so I didn't have to go with a contract and just have my own phone with a simple plan (mainly to get away from Telus).....I'm thinking' I screwed up:) Oh well.....live and learn they say:) Have a good one and thank you.

Ann

can you use a Telus sim?

Hi, sorry it took me so long but I had to go to work.

I'm wondering about the Telus sim as well, since I've jailbroke and ran Ultrasn0w, is there something I have to do to switch the phone back to normal?

Is there anyway to remove this version of Ultrasn0w or will I be able to over write it when the new version that I need comes out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try go into cydia and find ultrasn0w and uninstall, but it wont have installed any way properly since your on the wrong baseband

Thanks again unleashed, Ultrasn0w is gone. I've decided to go with the Gevey sim but I do have one question in regards to that method. The carriers here want people to bring there phones in to their shop to set up an account, if I have the Gevey installed I would have to unlock it while I'm standing there.....I'm kind of leery that they might not do it. Shouldn't I just be able to walk into a carriers retail store and buy and activate their networks sim card, without bringing my phone? Thanks in advance and have a great day! :)

Ann

Thanks again unleashed, Ultrasn0w is gone. I've decided to go with the Gevey sim but I do have one question in regards to that method. The carriers here want people to bring there phones in to their shop to set up an account, if I have the Gevey installed I would have to unlock it while I'm standing there.....I'm kind of leery that they might not do it. Shouldn't I just be able to walk into a carriers retail store and buy and activate their networks sim card, without bringing my phone? Thanks in advance and have a great day! :)

Ann

The way it works is that you buy your own sim or one you already have and you can just use the gevey sim while at home, if you go to a carriers store just ask them for the micro sim card they wont have to have the phone there as they can activate it via computer ready to work with your phone of choice.

No problem and good luck getting your phone to work.

Last edited:
Right on, that pretty much sums it up for me....what a great forum, I will definitely recommend this to my friends. Thanks again and have a great week! :)

Right on, that pretty much sums it up for me....what a great forum, I will definitely recommend this to my friends. Thanks again and have a great week! :)

Good! I am glad it helped, let us know how you get on when you buy your phone with the gevey sim.

This is unrelated to the Gevey method but say there was an unlock for the versionware 04.10.1.....would I need the original sim from the carrier the phone is locked with, to do this? I was on another forum and someone had said this. I was under the assumption (from what I've read and researched) that as long as you had an activated carrier's sim, thats all one would need....not strictly the original one. Hope that makes sense :-/ Thanks in advance.

Ann

Okay thanks, I wish they would come out with the Unlock ...its just seems to be less of a hassle...

not yet, as soon as there is news this thread will be updated