What's new

Best top 5 cydia app & tweaks to install for 2011

Awesome!!! thanks.. well worth a buck...

EDIT: DARN, ISN'T AVAILABLE FOR IOS 5 :(

Huh? Where'd you hear that?

I'm using it on both my iPad1 and iPhone 4S, both of which are jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1. I'm using version 1.1-1 from the BigBoss repo. Only thing it says in Cydia is: "Requires iOS 4.0 or higher."

I can send you screen shots if you wish, but trust me - it's working fine on both my iOS 5.0.1 devices.

Marilyn

Does biteSMS send as an iMessage?

According to the BiteSMS settings, you can set a default send method of (1) via Mobile Carrier or (2) via biteSMS. In both (either) case, the accompanying note says "Preference is always iMessage."

I use BiteSMS to text with iMessage to a fellow moderator in Scotland. No charge - to Scotland! How cool is that?! :)

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

According to the BiteSMS settings, you can set a default send method of (1) via Mobile Carrier or (2) via biteSMS. In both (either) case, the accompanying note says "Preference is always iMessage."

I use BiteSMS to text with iMessage to a fellow moderator in Scotland. No charge - to Scotland! How cool is that?! :)

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

Thank you.

When I go into cydia and search for that app it says in middle of screen unable to purchase because it might not be suitable for my os.

In terms of deleting texts and emails like that, mine does not do that, either does everyone I know with a 4s. You hit edit and choose texts, as soon as u pick the 2nd one, the first one goes back to normal. You can't delete all at once??

Wait. I see what your saying. That works for EMAIL. I was referring to text messages!! Is there an app to do the same thing for those?? Sorry for confusion.

Rik756 said:
Someone on one of these pages mentioned ifile as the great file manager.

Does it allow you to delete files? Specifically, I want to delete the sound file for sent SMS! Will the program let me?

I just don't want to buy it if it won't.

Color Keyboard HD is for iPad. Actually.... Any tweak that says HD is for iPad. This does not apply to all themes tho. Just tweaks.

illmatic636 said:
That's because you haven't put the phone down since you jailbroke it. lol Like all of us.

But from a technical standpoint, does jailbreaking cause moire battery consumption?

To me??? No it doesn't. Of coarse you can change that by certain settings and tweaks. But my phone is "extremely" and "heavily" modified with a lot of tweaks and extension and the battery is exactly same. Except I think it has increased a little bit since installing Backgrounder.

Jmills87 said:
No, BiteSMS uses a standard SMS

You just click "edit" and select all the messages you want to delete and then hit "delete." No need for a tweak anymore.

No. That's not true. biteSMS CAN send iMessage. I use bite EVERY DAY to send iMessaes.lol.

My new favorite app is springtomize 2.. this app lets you do sooo much tweaking to so many things. its awesome.. my 2 favorite parts are making my dock icons look like a carosel(sp) and I really like the animation where when you put phone to sleep it makes it look like an old time tv turning off!! (for those of you old enough to remember that :)

Last edited:
My new favorite app is Sprintomize 2.. this app lets you do sooo much tweaking to so many things. its awesome.. my 2 favorite parts are making my dock icons look like a carosel(sp) and I really like the animation where when you put phone to sleep it makes it look like an old time tv turning off!! (for those of you old enough to remember that :)

i agree 100%...great app

bosox20 said:
My new favorite app is springtomize 2.. this app lets you do sooo much tweaking to so many things. its awesome.. my 2 favorite parts are making my dock icons look like a carosel(sp) and I really like the animation where when you put phone to sleep it makes it look like an old time tv turning off!! (for those of you old enough to remember that :)

You should try cover flow dock with Infinidock installed. It's awesome. Just make sure you use Springtomize for the coverflow effect "only" and Infinidock to configure everything else (number of icons in dock and such). It works flawlessly that way.

Animate for 5.XX has been submitted to modmyi and is supposed to work with all 5.XX firmwares according to a tweet, so we should see that soon