What's new

Best top 5 cydia app & tweaks to install for 2011

unleashed said:
animate for 5.xx has been submitted to modmyi and is supposed to work with all 5.xx firmwares according to a tweet, so we should see that soon

nice!

Unleashed said:
its out now for ios 5.XX ..

Download Animate from cydia then search for Animate fix and install that as well

Yeah.....not bad......mine seems to show a 30-40 second spinning respring wheel between the end of the boot logo and where my lock screen first shows.........are you experiencing the same thing? Or does it just go to the lock screen straight from the boot logo?

Yeah.....not bad......mine seems to show a 30-40 second spinning respring wheel between the end of the boot logo and where my lock screen first shows.........are you experiencing the same thing? Or does it just go to the lock screen straight from the boot logo?

yes but not for 30-40 seconds, more like 5-10 seconds

Unleashed said:
yes but not for 30-40 seconds, more like 5-10 seconds

Bummer.lol. Maybe it's a CDMA iPhone thing. Idk. But yeah, I tried it a few times and it definitely shows that spinning when for almost up to a minute.

Does anyone know a cydia app to send short codes?

I am trying to activate iMessage and it is not activating because my phone has to send a short code to Apple to activate it but my carrier can't send short codes.
I am using an iPhone 4s on the latest iOS.

dngo said:
Does anyone know a cydia app to send short codes?

I am trying to activate iMessage and it is not activating because my phone has to send a short code to Apple to activate it but my carrier can't send short codes.
I am using an iPhone 4s on the latest iOS.

I have never heard of such a package. After jailbroke or before for that matter, did you disable iMessage at any point in time?

Nope. It wasn't activating before jailbreaking. I restored it 2 times and it wasn't activating. Same thing with facetime.

Can anyone comment on the best multitasker? Most of what i see is for iOS 4 none for 5.

I see zephyr and multifl0w are pretty popular but do they work on iOS5. The stock multitasker is annoying.

Zephyr is amazing!!!! Highly recommend it. You will hardly ever hit your home button again. Works great on my 4s.

bosox20 said:
Zephyr is amazing!!!! Highly recommend it. You will hardly ever hit your home button again. Works great on my 4s.

Amen, this is a great tweak!

jpcamaro70 said:
Can anyone comment on the best multitasker? Most of what i see is for iOS 4 none for 5.

I see zephyr and multifl0w are pretty popular but do they work on iOS5. The stock multitasker is annoying.

I tried Zephyr and it is truly an Amazing tweak.....but I couldn't use because it breaks MiltiCleaner. And MultiCleaner offers way more functionality.

IMO....I think I have multitasking in iOS setup perfect.

I use:

MultiCleaner

Backgrounder

Multifl0w

And I love it.

I really wish i could use Zephyr but I just can't give up MultiCleaner for anything. lol

I tried Zephyr and it is truly an Amazing tweak.....but I couldn't use because it breaks MiltiCleaner. And MultiCleaner offers way more functionality.

IMO....I think I have multitasking in iOS setup perfect.

I use:

MultiCleaner

Backgrounder

Multifl0w

And I love it.

I really wish i could use Zephyr but I just can't give up MultiCleaner for anything. lol

The short answer is you don’t need to close your apps. Really. If you’ve been worried about it, relax. It’s all good.

iOS manages all that for you. Most applications, when you exit them, save their state and “go to sleep”. So if you were playing a game or looking at Settings and then hit the home button or switch to another app, it keeps track of where you were in the game or what page you were on in Settings, then stops the app. When you tap the icon to launch the game or Settings again, it reads the state and returns you to the same place in the app. It only seemslike it was multitasking — it wasn’t. If you haven’t used an app in a long time, iOS might not even keep the saved state (you’ll notice the app re-launched and shows you a splash screen instead of going back to the last place you left it.)

This means, for most apps, you never — not ever — need to “delete” them or close them from the multitasking dock. You might feel a desire to, even an obsession to. But you really don’t need to.

I agree.. I use Zephyr not for multitasking but for just moving from one app to another.. I love just flicking up the screen to go somewhere else..I never close out apps. once in a while I will use a tweak that closes everything at once, but you really don't have to.. the Ios manages the ram all on its own.