What's new

Best top 5 cydia app & tweaks to install for 2011

iPhone4Master

Reaction score
Top choices for year 2011
When you post your replies, please do not reference about Installous for it is against this forum's policy.

1. Winterboard ( Allows you to change the themes on your idevice and it is the hub for where all your themes are stored when you install them from Cydia).

2. Moderated!

3. Boot Logos (Requires Greenpois0n jailbreak to use - Allows you to change your boot logo and you can install custom boot logos from Cydia)

4. 3G Unrestrictor (Allows you to trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi when really on 3G so you can get HD Youtube videos, use Facetime on 3G and download larger apps and also great for Skype on 3G.)

5. TVOut2 (Allows you to view your iPhone and all apps including games on your TV.)

Last edited by a moderator:
my top 5 are the following

1)bitesms (Allows you to quick reply from any appilcation

2) winterboard (Allows you to change the themes on your idevice and it is the hub for where all your themes are stored when you install them from Cydia)

3) Lock Calendar ( displays your appointments/schedules form your calendar onto your lockscreen)

4) Mulitcleaner ( swipe, pinch, or whatever you prefer to kill all applications)

5) five icon dock/springboard (allows you to have 5 icons in a row instead of the standard 4)

IPMaster. I saw ur vid on Boot Logos. I could not find any on my cydia search. Even the ones you mention arent there. Any idea how can i fix it?

Edit: never mind. I just updated to new cydia and i can see those boot logos now.

Last edited:
my top 5:

sbsettings. (as said above) free

camerabuttons (use volume buttons at take photo's/videos) $0.99

scrollingboard (scroll each page up/down left/right even dock and folders) $1.49

graviboard (great little tweak shake your idevice and watch your icons fall) $2.99

sbrotator (use your iphone like an ipad portrait or landscape) $1.99

There seems to be a lot of similar topics basically repeating the best Cydia apps but I think the best are ones that add better functionality first, customization second. Choosing only 5 is tough but here goes. Mine are:

1. PkgBackup (Backs up Cydia apps, this is an essential app, well worth the $$)

2. BiteSMS (use this and see how much the factory SMS app sucks)

3. Infinifolders or Folder Enhancer (factory limiting 9 icons to a folder is plain dumb)

4. SBSettings w/RemoveBG installed (no more tapping each app one by one to close them on the multitask bar)

5. PhoneCloser (after a call it puts you back where you started, not in the phone app, should have been like this by default)

Last edited:
I am an iPhone newbie and was curious as to why you would want to trick your phone into thinking it was on 3G instead of wifi? Does one have an advantage over the other, besides speed?

Is there an app that will allow to view how much space or memory each program takes ?

Is the a program to speed the phone up as you keep adding things it starts take more time to access things

MiWi - Allows you to use your phone as a hot spot or teather it to a computer to share 3G internet

My3G - Trick certain apps (facetime, youtube) to thinking your on WiFi so you're not restricted or uable to use.

Bitesms - Is a no brainer for texting

MxTube - Allows you to download youtube video

thats all ive discovered that i really like so far, this is going to be a really good thread if ppl keep contributing.

1. biteSMS
2. SBSettings
3. Five icon dock/springboard
4. AdBlock
5.AskToSend (Before a text is send, it will "asktosend"... i tend to hit the send button too fast when i text quickly :p )

they arent really 2011 but definitely still all gooood

I didn't have any trouble finding any of the above mentioned packages when I searched. Maybe you deleted one of the community sources. If so, just rejailbreak to get a freshly installed Cydia with all the community sources.