What's new

Youtube App causing 'pop' sound?

Joe44

Reaction score
I just got this phone about a month ago and all seemed well until a couple days ago.

When I use the Youtube App (and the Youtube App only), I notice when im scrolling through for a video to watch I get an occasional 'pop' sound.

Also when pressing a video to play, just before it plays there is also a 'pop' sound. When using Youtube through safari this issue does not happen.

I have an old iPhone 5s and tested the Youtube App on there and it's fine (no 'pop' sound)

Is there any fix to this? Ive tried re-installing the app, restoring the iPhone, reset etc etc to no avail. The Youtube App on my iPhone 5s is probably an older version, is it possible to get an older version of an App and try that somehow?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I’ve removed your second thread (same topic). Discussing your issue in one thread only will more likely help finding a solution.

I’ve just looked at the Youtube app on my iPhone. Neither scrolling nor watching a video gets me the sound you described. My device is running iOS 13.1.2. If your device is up to date, it should have the same version installed. Is the app up to date? There have been 2 or 3 updates the last 2 weeks, and they also contained bug fixes.

Getting an older version of the app is not possible. The app on your iPhone 5s should be the same version as on the 6s, if it’s up to date, as it requires iOS 10 or later.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I’ve removed your second thread (same topic). Discussing your issue in one thread only will more likely help finding a solution.

I’ve just looked at the Youtube app on my iPhone. Neither scrolling nor watching a video gets me the sound you described. My device is running iOS 13.1.2. If your device is up to date, it should have the same version installed. Is the app up to date? There have been 2 or 3 updates the last 2 weeks, and they also contained bug fixes.

Getting an older version of the app is not possible. The app on your iPhone 5s should be the same version as on the 6s, if it’s up to date, as it requires iOS 10 or later.

Dang. Bought an iPhone 7 recently too and it seems to happen on that as well. Dunno what's going on. The Youtube app is up-to-date on all phones.

I put IOS 12.4.1 on my iPhone 6s and my iPhone 7 is running that latest IOS 13.

Tested the Youtube App again on my old iPhone 5s and it works like a charm, no pop sounds. The IOS on that is 10 something.

Not having this issue on my 7 plus. I am running 13.2. Everything working as should here. I’ll double check for the sound now. Nothing here. All working as should. See if you can update to the latest iOS. Maybe it will help.