What's new

your biggest iphone gripe is??

john doe

Reaction score
these dam icons ,why even have a cool wallpaper when you cant see it?

other than that the phone functions ok .its my first "smart" phone . although i will probably go with a s5 when i upgrade .

oh ,and i have to charge this phone daily almost ,and i dont talk on the phone much at all .

oh ,and i have to charge this phone daily almost ,and i dont talk on the phone much at all .

I agree, Though I love my iphone, it dies so quickly. I had to buy one of those battery pack things for it. Luckily, it wasnt that expensive. But they should fix that. ***Moderation Notice: External links have been removed by iPhoneForums staff in accordance with Forum Rules.*** this is the one i bought. Maybe itll be a good option for you with your battery in an emergency as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
May I please be so bold to suggest that perhaps you and "John Doe" should research items on how to improve battery life in iOS? There are many mentioned on this forum. I and many of my friends have iPhones running iOS 7.1, all heavy users and we are not running into rapid battery drain. Some of us get one full day, some 2, and some more. However, I must be fair and say we don't watch a lot of video or play games on our phones. Just a suggestion.

i can get a full day ,but rarely more . not a heavy phone user .play a game twice a day ,check the weather couple times . listen to music when i bike ride with it . even still ,having to charge a phone daily is a bit much .my wife can talk talk talk on her flip style phone and charge it like once a week .i find myself plugging in my iphone whenever i get a chance to .
other than that its been a reliable phone .i might just get the 5 when upgrade time comes ,still undecided .

I can not download iOS 7.1.1,it asks for 2.5 gigs of space, yet I have purchased & have 16.2 gigs available! Been trying for days, no help from anywhere.

I can not download iOS 7.1.1,it asks for 2.5 gigs of space, yet I have purchased & have 16.2 gigs available! Been trying for days, no help from anywhere.
you need to free up those 2.5GB on the iPhone itself, not in iCloud. This space is needed for downloading and installation and all except that needed for the update itself is freed up after installation is complete. You'll have to delete enough content from your iPhone to free up the necessary space. Video content tends to be one of the biggest users of your storage space.

I always wanted a micro sd slot. I know that will never happen

But if they do that why would people buy the 32g or higher

exactly ,its a money thing .we know why they do it and that will never change .

i am hoping the next iphone will have a slightly bigger screen ,i can live with the amount of ram .but my eyes arent the best with small print anymore

It depends on the tier that you fall under. For the younger folks, there'll be a ton of music, photos/selfies, videos, etc that they'll have on their device since everything is too valuable to delete or export and delete from their device. Movies will also take up the majority of the storage.

For the middle aged folks, there is an emphasis on pictures and videos with the family and all, music is a plus, but there will most likely (in most cases) going to be a navigation app on the device if they travel a lot, or if the device is used as both a personal and work phone, the additional space is great for storing documents as well.

For the older folks, videos and pictures will take up the vast majority of the storage on the device from say grandkids' birthdays and such. Books as well as documentaries, movies, apps, etc that may take up space.

If the 32/64/128 capacities were not as expensive as they are now, there's an incentive to utilize more of the available storage capacity as opposed to being limited to a 16GB device, and at the same time, that would boost transactions with the AppStore and iTunes for music/movies/TV shows, books, and particularly apps that demand a large portion of storage. Because iTunes movies and shows are not exactly compressed in size, a season of a show of about 13-15 episodes will take up about 4-5GB on average. If you have 500+ songs that are 192/320KBPS, that's at least 3GB. Clips of about 5 minutes or so taken using the device itself will take up about 120MB each, the majority of apps when uncompressed with app data will take up an average of 100MB each excluding games which can break the 500MB if not 1GB mark. The little bits add up together towards the 32GB mark.

Of course I'm not saying that everyone should get a 32GB+ device over the 16GB device, I'm just saying that if they decreased the price per tier upgrade, it would give an incentive for consumers to purchase more in the commerce POV of Apple. Some users may see the need for a higher capacity device, some not so much.

Last edited:
I always wanted a micro sd slot. I know that will never happen

Ive never needed one personally, but I agree that it could be very helpful for those that need the extra storage without using the "cloud"

May I please be so bold to suggest that perhaps you and "John Doe" should research items on how to improve battery life in iOS? There are many mentioned on this forum. I and many of my friends have iPhones running iOS 7.1, all heavy users and we are not running into rapid battery drain. Some of us get one full day, some 2, and some more. However, I must be fair and say we don't watch a lot of video or play games on our phones. Just a suggestion.

Go to the App Store and look for the iPhone Tips and Tricks app. Worth the purchase. There's a section on how to improve battery life. I get one and a half to two days on my 64 gb 5s which I use 20% or less for communications and 80% plus for all the cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest iPhone gripe at the moment is iPhone 6....I want one.....Now ;)