What's new

Wouldn't connect to previously OK wi-fi

oldcelt

Reaction score
The phone has worked fine all day but when I went to my regular place for lunch, it claimed that no Internet Connection was available although other customers were connecting OK. I've used that connection almost daily for the last two years.

I come home and it reconnects to my own router with all functions 100%!

Any ideas?

It may well have been a temporary glitch due to an overload. I would try again tomorrow. Forgetting the network and rejoining it may help if the phone still doesn't connect.

Reactions: 933
It may well have been a temporary glitch due to an overload. I would try again tomorrow. Forgetting the network and rejoining it may help if the phone still doesn't connect.
I tried forgetting, also tried shutting down the phone and restarting. After that, the network shows up in the list with max bar strength until I try to connect, then in tiny red letters underneath the connecting bit it says internet not available - or words to that effect. It never stops trying to connect.

If I reset either or both of my AirPort Extremes I have to select other and re-enter my non broadcast wifi name and password for every iDevice except my old 4S running on iOS 5.1.1 it's just something I've learned to live with

Not trying to be clever or anything, but should it happen again try your iPhone in Airplane Mode and see if that helps.