What's new

Wi Fi Issues

rojohn1000

Reaction score
My Iphone4 connects to my home wi fi network, but after a while it locks up where I lose the internet, it shows that its still on wi fi, but I have to go to settings and tap forget this network, and log in again. I am running a Billion 7300N router all in one, off my Imac, and we also have a 3g and 3gs that work fine on this setup. I went to the genius at the local apple store, and he just recently gave me a new phone, but the same thing is happening. I read some things on the internet, as far as settings on the modem, and have tinkered around with it a bit, but still having issues. Anyone else having this problem?

Did you try to enter the network information statically instead of obtaining it automatically from the router?

if you already jailbreak your iPhone try an app on Cydia called InsomniaPro, it keeps your WiFi from disconnecting when the phone locks.

I took your advice and it seems to be working, and a bit faster according to the speed test here in Melbourne AUS. My phone is also not jailbroken, currently under contract. Many thanks for your help.

I took your advice and it seems to be working, and a bit faster according to the speed test here in Melbourne AUS. My phone is also not jailbroken, currently under contract. Many thanks for your help.

You welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.