What's new

Wi-Fi is broken!!!

Dani_PT

Reaction score
Greetings. My iPhone 4S's Wi-Fi is broken, does not detect any wireless internet, when I turn the I/O Wi-Fi off, cannot turn it on. I have reset the definitions, and still does not work.

I cannot find any apple repair tool software to use for my iPhone to find issues. Would be awesome if someone could help, as I really need Wi-Fi working, so I do not need to pay to use internet when I can have it free :/.

Thank you. Waiting replies ;).

I have a wireless headphones, for about 2 times, when I was wareing them, I used to check mail and stuff on iPhone, using Wi-Fi internet. And for some times, whe the phone was close, could not find Wi-Fi, I think the headphone's radiation is strong, so kinda confused the iPhone maybe, and when it could detect, I clicked on the wireless internet and said "Cannot connect".

But, that happened for 1-2 nights, after that, I kept my iPhone away from me (with the headphones), so it would not lose sign of the wireless internet. But after that it kept working great for a month or so...

2 days ago, iPhone was so slow, doing any action, could not lock, or change to main menu, or turn it off, was too slow. After that, I have reset internet configurations, turned it off, turned on, and if I turn Wi-Fi off, cannot turn it on (again).

(At the moment 10/11/13 18.36h iPhone it offline, energy has finished, wait wait for tomorrow night to recharge it and try again to see if Wi-Fi works, but I doubt).

Bluetooth headphones should not interfere with your connectivity. I have a pair of Sennheisers and I've also tried Dre wireless on-ears as well on my iPhone and iPad, and it does not distort connectivity to data/wifi. I'd backup the device and perform a fresh restore in hopes that it fixes the issue.

Strange, but it did, lost Wi-Fi connection a few times in the 2-3 days I did it. Lost, then sometimes could find and not connect, said "Impossible to access to ThomsonXXXXXX".

But yes, Tomorrow I will recharge it and try to make Wi-Fi work, if not, will save all photos and important stuff and a full reset. I will write a new post with the positive or negative results.

Thanks alot for the tips, hope it works :)

Reset the iPhone via iTunes, made a full clear and new installation of iOS 7.0.3. Wi-Fi still does not detect wireless internet :'(

If you can, rename your connection, and possibly toggle SSID broadcast to off. Then manually input the credentials and see if that sparks anything.