What's new

Real time process monitoring

Spike182

Reaction score
Hi all, this is probably a mute point but I was wondering if there was a way to be able to monitor how much power, or rather cpu% each app is using in real time? Hence more battery drain.

On my Windows 7 computer, I use a program called "process monitor" that tells me how much each program, i.e safari, paint.net, system processes, etc., is using processing power (which lets me know what's using so much battery power when not plugged into A/C.)

I almost always close each app on my phone when I'm done with it, but ever since I jailbroke it my battery seems to last only about 4 hours.

I DO NOT stream anything. I don't watch movies and I rarely use the ipod function. And when i'm home, my phone uses my wifi. Oh and since I don't have any friends, no one calls me either!

Just wondering if maybe I could use a program from my computer while having the phone connected to it to monitor this. Hope this isn't too confusing.

Thank you!!! Spike182

Well, since my post above may not have an answer, what I am going to try is turning wifi off at night because my house has wifi so my phone must always be searching. Dunno.

And I read on another post that I should let my battery drain all the way at least every other time? But I'm always charging it from my computer, constantly. So I'll try that also.

I was looking for power draining apps, programs and software and such. Just seems that since I jailbroke it the battery lasts only a little more than half the time.