What's new

yellow screen

KimMelton

Reaction score
I posted about this in my new member thread, but I figured id ask here. Since I bought my iPhone (october 22) I have a yellow spot on my screen. I can only really see it if im in the app store or on a webpage that has a white screen. Its at the bottom left corner, that's the only spot I see it. Has anyone else had this? I haven't contacted apple because it hasn't been bothering me that much, but now its starting to annoy me. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and what you did about it.

thats something to do with the glue not dried yet.. am surprised there are still iphones with it on there, you have to ring apple and replace it... its a common problem since apple rushed to deliver

Oh okay...Is it worth replacing? If I keep it how it is now will it cause any future problems? I don't have an Apple store here, I wonder if I take it into AT&T if they will replace it.

those are questions i cant answer, sorry. i think other then being annoying it wont harm your device but maybe some one else who has or had the problem can confirm

I think I'll call AT&T when they open and see if they can do the replacement, if I have to end up mailing it to Apple I think I'll just keep it. I don't know if AT&T does that, but maybe since there's no Apple store here they do?

i doubt it... you probably have to tell apple and then mail the phone to them and they will send you a replacement by the post.. i dont know this for 100% but i am sure this is how it will work, because i am not in the states i dont know how att works.

Well that's that then. There is no way I'm going to be separated from my phone for over a week, LOL. That is so sad but its the truth, its like my third love (with my son and hubby being first of course, haha).

hehe yeap they always come first :)

it takes them a few weeks i think to send a replacement and you have to send your back to them so they can fix it and re sell it. so having a replacement option like your 3gs maybe? if you still have it, would be handy

I think I'll call AT&T when they open and see if they can do the replacement, if I have to end up mailing it to Apple I think I'll just keep it. I don't know if AT&T does that, but maybe since there's no Apple store here they do?

In U.S only Apple does the warranty for all apple products. So even if you purchased your iphone through AT&T, you still have to take it to the Apple store to get it replaced. I'm sure that if you are within 30 days from purchase at the AT&T, i'm sure you can, but any more than that you have to go through Apple for a replacement.

Iv noticed wen I first got my I phone, it looked kinda yellow but , it was because the I pod has a blue tint , so wen looking at that for a while then getting the I phone I thort it was dogy. But likely it , just coz of looking at the blue tinted I pod , the I phone has perfect color super retina diplay ,,,

KimMelton said:
I posted about this in my new member thread, but I figured id ask here. Since I bought my iPhone (october 22) I have a yellow spot on my screen. I can only really see it if im in the app store or on a webpage that has a white screen. Its at the bottom left corner, that's the only spot I see it. Has anyone else had this? I haven't contacted apple because it hasn't been bothering me that much, but now its starting to annoy me. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and what you did about it.

Oh sorry only just read the whole text, the bottom left corner , I hope they give you a replacement .

KimMelton said:

Oh sorry only just read the whole text, the bottom left corner , I hope they give you a replacement .

Do u have an idea about how old is the post you've quoted? :)