What's new

Worried! iPhone security whizzes - please help!

Dei_13

Reaction score
Hey guys - I'll keep this brief. My iPhone 4s was stolen. It was not jailbroken and had a passoword with a 1-minute lock and auto-wipe after 10x enabled. I have pending orders to wipe it both from exchange through my work and iCloud. Both pending as phone has not been detected.

Basic question - like most people, I had a lot of personal info on that phone. Give it to me straight - with physical access to the phone, how easy is it to bypass password and get into contacts, pictures, notes.... all that good stuff.

Any insights would be appreciated. By the way ... I'm not interested in *how or looking to find out details.

Depends on password if it's an easy one I.E 1234 etc then maybe but tbh there is an option for simple passcode standard 4 digit or turn it off and you can create a longer password hence more secure

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Don't worry about, the person who found it probably turned it off or put it on dfu mode. When you plug it onto another computer it asks for a password, if you don't have it the only option it's to restore as a new iPhone.

Ah ... I was wondering what would stop people from just being able to SSH into or to throw it into DFU mode and upload an exploit of some sort to get past the password. Thanks much. Still annoyed as f**k. But less worried.

Ah ... I was wondering what would stop people from just being able to SSH into or to throw it into DFU mode and upload an exploit of some sort to get past the password. Thanks much. Still annoyed as f**k. But less worried.
Actually there is a way to access the device by passing the lock screen code by loading some sort of codes. But if the one who found your iPhone doesn't know you from anywhere, i don't see where will be that person interest to go through all that hassle to by pass the lock screen code. The one who find it will simply connect it to a computer and factory restore it right away.