What's new

Windows says my White iPhone 4 32GB has 57.3GB of storage.

skizo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I purchased my white iPhone 4 32GB right when it was released; I didn't notice for the longest time that Windows was stating that my iPhone had a total storage capability of 57.3GB. I want to know if this is a glitch or if indeed my phone has a 64GB chip in it; I guess the best way to find out is to open it but I figured I would check and see if any other iPhone owners have come across this.

I've updated the firmware to 4.3.3 and it still states the 57.3GB.

Since I'm new, I can't post links of my pictures, but I figured I'd get the discussion started.

EDIT: Link for pics:

http://s555.photobucket.com/albums/jj460/thekimster3/skizo/

Thanks!

Last edited:
This has come up a few times before and as you suspected its just a glitch. Windows (i think all previous users were using vista?) doesn't read the phone correctly as it was never indended for the iPhone to be used as a flash drive.

Always go by what iTunes says...

Use appbox to look at your memory or Cydia in manage storage

What does it say in settings on the phone?

In settings, it states information consistent with that of the 32GB model:

Capacity: 29.1GB
Available: 27.0GB

I figured it was a glitch; I just wanted to see if anyone else was getting it was well.

Thanks for the replies!

Use appbox to look at your memory or Cydia in manage storage

I haven't gotten around to jailbreaking my phone, yet, but once I do, I will run appbox.

Thanks for the info!

This has come up a few times before and as you suspected its just a glitch. Windows (i think all previous users were using vista?) doesn't read the phone correctly as it was never indended for the iPhone to be used as a flash drive.

Always go by what iTunes says...

Yeah, I figured as much; I wonder what the difference is between those who get the glitch and those who do not. I think this is my third post, so I should be able to post a link to pics.

Thanks!