What's new

will you need hotspot plan?

Who knows... All I'm happy for is that there is unlimited data available and I don't need to buy the hotspot feature lol I will now definitely get one :) lol now time to just wait until February 10th.......... Ugh........

What...? I thought it was just announced that we will have to pay for a hotspot plan?

Actually what he is saying is that we are not REQUIRED to buy the Hotspot Plan, but if we do want it, we will have to pay $20 extra.

I can't believe anybody actually thought this was going to be included. VZW had to do this with the Pre to get anyone to buy the thing. They don't need to do anything of the sort for the iPhone. It was always gonna cost extra.

Even if it's not included, you can jailbreak your phone (just like rooting a Droid) and get MyWi app for tethering.

How confident are you in this since it will already be incorporated in the OS? I need a backup internet like my Droid provides and would rather not have to pay.

Who knows... All I'm happy for is that there is unlimited data available and I don't need to buy the hotspot feature lol I will now definitely get one :) lol now time to just wait until February 10th.......... Ugh........

What...? I thought it was just announced that we will have to pay for a hotspot plan?

Actually what he is saying is that we are not REQUIRED to buy the Hotspot Plan, but if we do want it, we will have to pay $20 extra.

Ah, gotcha... guess I read it incorrectly. Thanks for the clarification!

Even if it's not included, you can jailbreak your phone (just like rooting a Droid) and get MyWi app for tethering.

How confident are you in this since it will already be incorporated in the OS? I need a backup internet like my Droid provides and would rather not have to pay.

I'm pretty confident that it will work since it's a separate app called MyWi, which can only be installed on a jailbroken iPhone. It is downloadable via the Cydia market. The only thing is you'll have to wait for it to be jailbroken... I believe they are still working getting it finished with the latest OS update, so with this new one you'll have to wait again (not long though).

DD, thanks again. Got MyWi working this morning, although it's throwing the phone into Safemode, probably just got a bug they need to work out for the Verizon phone.

Try PDANet from what I understand. Supposed to be working great.

PDAnet is working flawlessly(14 day trial). I'm trying to find out if one of my Android Registration Codes will transfer. There is also a SBSettings Toggle Addition for PDANet on Cydia which is nice.