What's new

will you need hotspot plan?

Ahl Out

Reaction score
does anyone know if you will need the mobile hotspot plan if your not gonna use it? i dont wanna pay 20 bucks for something i probably wont use

this is the one thing I'll miss from my Droid1 wireless tether comes in handy.

But its not a make/break for my phone

this is the one thing I'll miss from my Droid1 wireless tether comes in handy.

But its not a make/break for my phone

agreed!...i sold mine to get this iphone..i was rooted so i think ill be missing all the thing i could do with it

All the press up until now indicated that the mobile hotspot was going to be included with the data plan on the iPhone. I know the new data pricing is $29.99 introductory leading anyone to believe that hotspot isn't included at that price, but the Palm's actually have the option at no extra cost. I believe it will be included with ours, believe it or not.

Even if it's not included, you can jailbreak your phone (just like rooting a Droid) and get MyWi app for tethering.

Word just came out. Looks like another $20 per month for hotspot. Oh well, I've still got my Incredible for tethering. ;)

Word just came out. Looks like another $20 per month for hotspot. Oh well, I've still got my Incredible for tethering. ;)

Yep BGR just posted this, im kind of shocked about this actually since they said it would be free to all Verizon users when they announced it coming to big red.

Yes, but it is NOT required, like you made everybody try to believe earlier. It will be $29.99/month with just unlimited data or $49.99/month with data and the hotspot feature.

Looks like I was right all along :p I wouldn't trust that source anymore... Lol

Yes, but it is NOT required, like you made everybody try to believe earlier. It will be $29.99/month with just unlimited data or $49.99/month with data and the hotspot feature.

Actually, it wasn't a "source" as you're trying to put it so very cutely. It was reading all of the press releases from the various outlets up until now. And it wasn't that is was going to be required, the reports had indicated it was going to be all inclusive. So before you get snide, go back and read the articles yourself.

Yep BGR just posted this, im kind of shocked about this actually since they said it would be free to all Verizon users when they announced it coming to big red.

Gee, looks like he must have had the same "source" as me. :rolleyes:

So don't trust any of those articles, which by definition would all be a source... It was just like I said, don't believe it till verizon tell us themselves, as it means nothing until it is confirmed by verizon. That was my point.

So don't trust any of those articles, which by definition would all be a source... It was just like I said, don't believe it till verizon tell us themselves, as it means nothing until it is confirmed by verizon. That was my point.

Okay, I see your point now.

I do wonder if Verizon has been tinkering with what their intent was with charges from these plans from the initial mention of them.

Who knows... All I'm happy for is that there is unlimited data available and I don't need to buy the hotspot feature lol I will now definitely get one :) lol now time to just wait until February 10th.......... Ugh........

Who knows... All I'm happy for is that there is unlimited data available and I don't need to buy the hotspot feature lol I will now definitely get one :) lol now time to just wait until February 10th.......... Ugh........

Tell me about it. I actually just installed the MIUI ROM on my Incredible (modeled to be just like the iPhone). I haven't used this in quite awhile but they've really refined it. So now I can have my Android iPhone and my wife will have the Apple iPhone. Best of both worlds. :D

What...? I thought it was just announced that we will have to pay for a hotspot plan?