What's new

Information For Upgrade

jkeith

Reaction score
Plan on using main line upgrade. Im on my father-in-laws account. I have permission and access the the my verizon account. What information should i need to upgrade the phone since its gonna be at 3am and dont wanna have to wake anyone to upgrade the phone.

You'll need to have a My Verizon account set up and the log in information. I would probably have the account info handy as well.

if you need the ssn# then I'm screwed as well. But I'm assuming you just need a way of paying(credit/debt) and so youll just need access to the account itself other than that you should be good.

I really hate how verizon/apple has bearly given us info on this day.

You will most likely need the ssn# and a billing account password (different from My Verizon password) to ACTIVATE the phone.

All you needed was to be able to log in, have an eligible upgrade and source of payment. All went pretty slick really.

mine would not let me pay with another credit card, something about billing information had to match account or something like that, but i was updating the main line. got called to go into work and didnt get to order untill 7.45 est and used main account holders card and got a confirmation email so i hope it worked

Just don't forget, in order to activate the phone, you'll nee the main account holder's ssn# and account password (not MyVerizon password). I ran into this activating my son's phone last month...the account is in my wife's name and had to supply these two bits of info.