What's new

Would this be possible?

HaruTakashu

Reaction score
I'm on a plan with my mom and dad. I am not eligible for a two year contract upgrade, but my father is. He couldn't care less about his phone, he just uses it to call home when he gets off of work. Would it be possible to have him update his contract, get an iPhone, than have him switch to his old phone and switch the iPhone to my account?

HaruTakashu said:
I'm on a plan with my mom and dad. I am not eligible for a two year contract upgrade, but my father is. He couldn't care less about his phone, he just uses it to call home when he gets off of work. Would it be possible to have him update his contract, get an iPhone, than have him switch to his old phone and switch the iPhone to my account?

Yes that would absolutely work! You would just have to talk your father into doing that!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It's actually much easier than that. You don't have to do any phone switcharoos. Just have him go in and tell them to use his upgrade for your phone.

I have 5 phones on our account, and I do it all the time, no questions asked.

It's actually much easier than that. You don't have to do any phone switcharoos. Just have him go in and tell them to use his upgrade for your phone.

I have 5 phones on our account, and I do it all the time, no questions asked.
Ditto, word for word. Really.

Yep, I can third that. Im on a contract with my mom, dad, and sister. If someone else is eligible for an upgrade you can take there upgrade. Its very easy, this is actually how I got my iPhone 4 this year.

Yeah you can log into the account and swap the upgrades between plan members.I did just the other day to get my iPhone.

I just switch out the sim card. That has always worked for me. So let your Dad get his upgrade and then swap sim cards when he gets home. Good luck.

bc

I just picked up an I4...when the I5 is out with known issues exposed my wife is getting the I4 for her upgrade and I'll get the I5. I confirmed with Best Buy that this is possible.

I just picked up an I4...when the I5 is out with known issues exposed my wife is getting the I4 for her upgrade and I'll get the I5. I confirmed with Best Buy that this is possible.

As of now there is no known problem with the iPhone 5 bc it's not out for anyone to say there is a flaw. I'm pretty sure apple released the betas so that the jailbreak world could find the exploits in it so that can cover it before the official release. So I'm ready to be disappointed but the only thing I could do is not update

Last edited:
There are always problems with the release of any new product like the antenna issue with the I4. I'll wait a bit to see if the public unfolds anything before I upgrade.

JRoCc said:
There are always problems with the release of any new product like the antenna issue with the I4. I'll wait a bit to see if the public unfolds anything before I upgrade.

Wouldn't think after the issue and the antennagate issue apple would fix it prior to the release.