What's new

Will Apple store recalibrate my home button?

tumble220

Reaction score
Ive recently changed the screen on my Iphone 7, and now the home button will not work. It is still the original one and is not damaged. If i take it to an Apple store, would they recalibrate it even though it has a non Apple screen?. Also, would they do it for free?. Has anyone else done this and taken it to Apple?. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks,Gary.

They will notice it has a third party display, as your problem only occurs when someone else but Apple changes the display. Since your problem is related to the screen, you will have to pay for it, this will not be free. If you refuse to pay, they won’t do anything:
Apple Says Third-Party iPhone Screen Repairs No Longer Fully Void Your Warranty

It would have been better to take it to an Apple Store, and let them change the screen. They would have fixed the Home button as well. We’ve told you about this in your other threads.

They will notice it has a third party display, as your problem only occurs when someone else but Apple changes the display. Since your problem is related to the screen, you will have to pay for it, this will not be free. If you refuse to pay, they won’t do anything:
Apple Says Third-Party iPhone Screen Repairs No Longer Fully Void Your Warranty

It would have been better to take it to an Apple Store, and let them change the screen. They would have fixed the Home button as well. We’ve told you about this in your other threads.

Love it.
We told you about this in your other threads, you naughty boy. Did you think you could get could get away with it. What a Teacher she is. Happy ‘18 to you J.A.
You crack me up sometimes. Darling no kidding

I forgotten about the C1 forum already [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]