Home button does not vibrate

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by Michael Graubart, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Michael Graubart

Michael Graubart Active Member

I have recently upgraded to iPhone 7. I have set Haptics to ‘on’, and I have tried all three settings for Home Button, but in none of them can I feel any ‘haptic’ response when I press the button. Everything else seems to be working well, so this may seem to be unimportant, but since Apple makes a particular point of it, I should be grateful for suggestions.

2. carolineM

carolineM Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is because you are pressing the Home Button (which is unnecessary, so that you don’t actual feel the Taptic feedback. Try putting your finger/thumb lightly on the button.

3. Michael Graubart

Thank you, carolineM, for your quick reply. I have tried resting my finger lightly on the Home Button as you suggest. I still feel no feedback — and, moreover, whatever action I intended to take by means of the Home Button (e.g. closing an app's window in order to return to the home screen) does not happen until I press quite hard.

4. Michael Graubart

PS: The same is true in the Settings page that allows one to choose one of the three Home Button options.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. carolineM

Are you near an Apple shop? It may be worth taking the phone in for them to have a look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sprague.rod

sprague.rod New Member

A light press won't do anything. I too have an iPhone 7 and a "deep" press or 3D press is required to initiate anything on the home button, as it should be, or I'd be accidentally activating it every time I touched it. Do you get any haptic feedback at all.

7. Michael Graubart

Thank you, everyone, for helpful replies. I should have responded much earlier - to say that the apparent malfunction lay in my unanalyzed expectations, not my poor, maligned phone. I think I expected my finger pressing the home button to feel a response and therefore ignored the throbbing of the body of the phone, or put the latter down to my unsteady grip. The phone is behaving as it should.

• Like Like x 2
  8. carolineM

Thanks for the update. Happy New Year!

9. sprague.rod

sprague.rod New Member

You know, I was going to ask that. Glad you worked it out and all is as it should be. I'm very happy with my 7 and had I new battery installed last month. Can't see myself upgrading any time soon. Happy New Year.