What's new

iphone 7 screen repair ??

tumble220

Reaction score
I've repaired many 5, 5S, 6 and 6S iphone screens, but now i've been asked to repair a friends iphone 7 and am a bit nervous. Mainly because of the price if it goes wrong. I have the ability and watched video's but still a bit wary. It looks pretty much similar to the other iphones. I have also read about the home button will have to be calibrated by Apple, not sure if this is always the case and is it easy to damage?. Any one changed one that could give me advice?. Many thanks, Gary.

I've repaired many 5, 5S, 6 and 6S iphone screens, but now i've been asked to repair a friends iphone 7 and am a bit nervous. Mainly because of the price if it goes wrong. I have the ability and watched video's but still a bit wary. It looks pretty much similar to the other iphones. I have also read about the home button will have to be calibrated by Apple, not sure if this is always the case and is it easy to damage?. Any one changed one that could give me advice?. Many thanks, Gary.
If anyone but Apple of an authorized Apple repair centre replaces the screen Touch ID will no longer function and can’t be fixed. Also, the warranty will be voided and Apple will never look at or repair it in the future. I would recommend that your friend take the iPhone to the nearest Apple store for repair. The cost will be higher but the warranty will remain intact.

If anyone but Apple of an authorized Apple repair centre replaces the screen Touch ID will no longer function and can’t be fixed. Also, the warranty will be voided and Apple will never look at or repair it in the future. I would recommend that your friend take the iPhone to the nearest Apple store for repair. The cost will be higher but the warranty will remain intact.
Thanks for reply. Would the Touch ID not work even if the original home button is used?. Also, would warranty be void because of the screen damage?. Regards

The standard warranty does not cover accidental damage like a broken screen caused by an impact but if Apple repairs the screen at an out of warranty cost, the warranty on the iPhone remains intact. Trying to swap the original home button assembly from one screen to another is very tricky and it's very easy to damage it beyond repair.