What's new

Apple Reveals iPhone X Repair Cost Details

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Cost of repairing iPhone X revealed.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that Apple has today revealed just how much you can expect to pay if you don’t have AppleCare+ for your iPhone X, or any other sort of cover or insurance. According to Apple’s newly updated iPhone Service Pricing page, repairing your iPhone X screen alone will cost $279, and to repair any other damage aside from the screen will cost $549, which is more than half of what it costs to buy a 64GB iPhone X.

If you have AppleCare+ for your phone then the cost is much less, of course, with a screen repair costing $29 and all other repairs costing $99. AppleCare+ for iPhone X costs $199.

However, as 9to5 Mac notes, there are also plenty of other less costly options that you can explore to avoid having to pay such a high price to repair your new iPhone X. You could, for example, add the phone to your home contents insurance policy, assuming the excess is not too high. Many carriers also have their own special insurance packages for your iPhone X, and can often be very competitive for their loyal customers, so be sure to check with your carrier if that’s something that interests you.

Source: Apple Says iPhone X Demand is 'Off the Charts' After Device Quickly Sells Out Around the World

"AppleCare+ for iPhone X costs $199."

Is that for 2 years?

Yes, mine said 2 years. It also looks like it starts when shipped not received as my new iPad Pro Apple Care kicked in when it shipped from the factory. I saw that before it got to Hong Kong. It is, by the way, still in transit - in Memphis

I repurpose my Apple devices when I update them so I keep them much longer than 1-2 years. When I repurpose them they usually have a much easier life, generally staying indoors and often becoming media players mounted in stands hooked up to a stereo. Apple Care means I can expect them to be in good shape when they start their new life while letting me really use them while they are my go to devices.

When I spread the cost of Apple Care over the extended life span it makes even more sense.