What's new

WiFi not turning back on after sleep?

RipGroove

Reaction score
So as well as my WiFi keep randomly dropping it also doesn't always come back on, especially after sleep, sometimes I can get it back by manually switching WiFi off and on again but sometimes I have to reboot the phone! Anyone else having any WiFi issues at all?

Sent from my iPhone

Ok so I've set my HTTP PROXY for that WiFi connection to AUTO and now the WiFi stays on even when the phone is asleep so I guess I've gotten around the problem.

Sent from my iPhone

Ok so I've set my HTTP PROXY for that WiFi connection to AUTO and now the WiFi stays on even when the phone is asleep so I guess I've gotten around the problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Let us know how the battery holds up with WiFi being on all the time.

Let us know how the battery holds up with WiFi being on all the time.
Will do, the battery is a worry but there's not much else I can do if it keeps failing to connect by itself as it should [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone

Still having issues with this, not every single time but I am finding throughout the day I'm having to keep toggling WiFi to get it come back on and sometimes even rebooting the phone.

Also having to do the odd reboot to get cellular signal back as that also keeps dropping off.

It can't be a router issue as once toggled a few times the wifi comes back and also others around me with iphone 5's and various other phones are not having the same problems.

Sent from my iPhone

I have this issue with cellular service but not often - about once a month. I notice it most often when I am at work in downtown Houston. Tall buildings everywhere, a mixture of commercial and residential buildings present with cellular and wifi signals bouncing all over the place.