What's new

Wifi connection drops constantly after jailbreak 4s

sfam198

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just jail broke my iPhone 4S last night with Absinthe and I'm noticing what I assume is a bug due to the jailbreak since I've never noticed it before.

I first noticed it when I came home today and realized my phone didn't automatically connect to my wifi at home. I went into the settings and connected to my wifi manually. What happens is, after the phone goes to sleep (screen off) for more than 2-3 minutes, the connection drops back to 3G and won't automatically connect to wifi until I go into settings and manually connect again.

This happens every single time the phone goes to sleep. Anyone else seeing this issue? Any tips to fix it?

Thanks!!

Same problem here, I have tried to renew the lease to see if it fixed the problem but it didn't.

sfam198 said:
Hey all,

I just jail broke my iPhone 4S last night with Absinthe and I'm noticing what I assume is a bug due to the jailbreak since I've never noticed it before.

I first noticed it when I came home today and realized my phone didn't automatically connect to my wifi at home. I went into the settings and connected to my wifi manually. What happens is, after the phone goes to sleep (screen off) for more than 2-3 minutes, the connection drops back to 3G and won't automatically connect to wifi until I go into settings and manually connect again.

This happens every single time the phone goes to sleep. Anyone else seeing this issue? Any tips to fix it?

Thanks!!

Hi

1) do a hard reset (hold down both power and home buttons simultaneously until the phone turns off and back on)
2) go to settings-general-reset-reset NETWORK settings (you will lose your passwords for any wifis)

And also should try turning off data when you are at home and on wifi.

Let me know if it helps

I just did the same reset network and I was about to write down the post when I saw the new post.
It did work for me.
Thanks anyway Imarilina.
Cheers