What's new

WiFi not detected

Owasse

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help. Iphone 4S can not detect wifi. Hard reset completed - no help. Factory restore completed - no help. Still can not detect wifi. Everything is up to date, settings enable wifi - phone is not jailbroken.

Hoping someone can help. Iphone 4S can not detect wifi. Hard reset completed - no help. Factory restore completed - no help. Still can not detect wifi. Everything is up to date, settings enable wifi - phone is not jailbroken.
is this a new 4s or have you had it connected before?

If you have a 4S then it's under a year old - so it's still covered by Apple's warranty. Give them a call or take it into an Apple store and they will provide a replacement.

I bought the phone at Christmas and yes it is still under warranty. The closest apple store for me is a three hour drive - I was hoping the factory reset would work :(

Owasse said:
I bought the phone at Christmas and yes it is still under warranty. The closest apple store for me is a three hour drive - I was hoping the factory reset would work :(

Well if you do a full restore in iTunes you MUST NOT restore from any backup of any kind to fully confirm that it a a hardware problem. You will have to restore and setup as new device don't restore from iTunes or iCloud backup.

I don't know what carrier you have but I have Verizon and when I got my iPhone replaced damn near 15 times they sent me a phone in the mail that came in one day. After I received the new iPhone I had to have the old one returned within 5 days, and the box came with a sticker and was free to mail. Perhaps your carrier can do the same.

You can also go through Apple and do kind of the same thing, but they charge you debit card for $600 (whatever the full price is) and when the old phone is sent back the charge is removed. Called Express lane I think. But 100% on that.

I always just went through Verizon, they sent me a new phone the next day, in which case I used the same box to return the old all completely free with no payments of any kind.

Phone has now been "restore in progress" for over 5 hours and the bar shows only about halfway to completion. What now?

Well if you do a full restore in iTunes you MUST NOT restore from any backup of any kind to fully confirm that it a a hardware problem. You will have to restore and setup as new device don't restore from iTunes or iCloud backup.

I don't know what carrier you have but I have Verizon and when I got my iPhone replaced damn near 15 times they sent me a phone in the mail that came in one day. After I received the new iPhone I had to have the old one returned within 5 days, and the box came with a sticker and was free to mail. Perhaps your carrier can do the same.

You can also go through Apple and do kind of the same thing, but they charge you debit card for $600 (whatever the full price is) and when the old phone is sent back the charge is removed. Called Express lane I think. But 100% on that.

I always just went through Verizon, they sent me a new phone the next day, in which case I used the same box to return the old all completely free with no payments of any kind.

I too have Verizon and when I returned the phone to the store, they said I had to take it to Apple (no help). They gave me a phone number to call Apple, and when I called to number, apple tried to sell me a plan for technical support. Do you know of a phone number that I could talk to a live person?

Owasse said:
I too have Verizon and when I returned the phone to the store, they said I had to take it to Apple (no help). They gave me a phone number to call Apple, and when I called to number, apple tried to sell me a plan for technical support. Do you know of a phone number that I could talk to a live person?

Well I tried the same thing and was denied a replacement.

However you bought the device is how must exchange it. I bought it on line and it was mailed to me so I had to do my replacement that way. They said had I bought the phone from the store that I would be able to get it replaces through the store.

Just call the standard Verizon number.
Which is 411.