What's new

Wifi issue

Jlsawyer

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 5 and when I get back home I have to go into settings and select my wifi and enter my password to connect to my wifi every time???? I have done a restore once and it did not solve the problem. None of my other family has this problem on their iPhones.

I noticed on setup of a new ip5 device (last night) that my SSID showed up as two seperate networks.
One was the normal SSID and the second one had a "5G" suffex. When I attemped to connect to the standard connection (without suffex) it would fail.
I logged into the SSID with the 5G suffex and it works fine ???

Scan the available networks and see if your router shows up with a suffex like 5G, if it does try to log into that choice...worth a try ?

Mine was doing that also but I had the option to "remember network" or something like that. I haven't had an issue since. :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Ok after another 2 weeks of this problem. I have found out it must be my router because I automatically connect to all networks but mine.

Try checking channels in your area and changing your router to an unused channel