What's new

Iphone 5 WIFI

motoman

Reaction score
Why will my wifes Iphone 5 not remember out WiFi password to our home network? You have to type it in every time if you disconnect from it. Her 4 just auto connected and so has every other phone we ever had. Always just had to type in the first time then it remembered from then on when in range of network. Thanks!!

Ok done some research and found that I need to set my router to wpa-2 security. I guess Ipone 5 dont like the other ones. Anyone else having this issue?

For your info I did search. This being a Iphone forum I figured someone else may have had the problem and jumped in with a answer. I dont have all night to search. I have a meeting in 6hrs to get up and go to for work and dont have time to look all night. But if its that big of deal you can delete this whole thread. Thanks and have a nice day.

All I did was to enter the pass code of my router and the i5 picked it up. No problems here. Very simple.

Yes kris it pics it up fine but have to enter password for network every time you want to connect is the problem. The phone should remember the password to a known network.

If you get out of range, turn off wifi, or turn off phone you have to re enter the password to reconnect and that shouldn't have to happen each time you connect to same network.

Ok I got it fixed now. I changed my router to WPA-2 security only like I found on the net and that was it. Reconnects like its suppose to now. I also noticed that my router said that WPA-2 has best security and performance also. And everything does seem to work better. Just a FYI for those of you having the same reconnect issue with the Iphone 5.

glad you got it sorted motoman,thank you for posting on this,it may be helpful to other members.

hookbill,please keep your comments friendly.

Well I got this problem again. My mother got a new router from centurylink and now my wifes Iphone 5 will not connect to her network. My mother also got the Iphone 5 today and it will not connect to her network. I tried everything. I even turned off the security on the router and her new iphone will not connect to her wireless network. Does anyone have any suggestions to try? Thanks!!

I forgot to mention that my wifes is AT&T and my mothers new one is Verizon. If this makes a difference.

i have the same problem with the iphone5, ios 6.0.2 didnt help too.

My mothers Centurylink wireless router had WPS built in security. I had to hook her up a different router with the WPA security and all is flawless now and works good.