What's new

WiFi Issue

onaed

Reaction score
a few days ago out of the blue my IPhone 4s stopped being able to find any wifi networks, when I click into the wifi section the choose a network just never updates the egg timer thingy just shows up for ages and never finds any wifi networks, I usually connect to the wifi at the local library yet it just won't find it even tho it has done for months. I have reset network settings but this hasn't helped. I don't want to reset the phone as do not have a pc to set up the phone again with I tunes

Anyone have any idea what the issue is and how I can resolve it ?

Thanks

further to this I've now found that I I turn my phone off and on when I turn it on and while it's searching for a network signal my wifi finds network, as soon as orange connects the wifi disappears and no longer finds anything so thinking its down to my orange network settings ?

Is it newly happen?

Maybe yes..check your router setting. Sometime router work well on PC or Mac but not on mobile devices.

Take a look at this:

- If you are running 802.11n on your router you have to run WPA2/AES.

- If you run WPA or WPA2/TKIP the phone will drop will try to drop back to 802.11b/g per the standard.

- Enabling WEP on 802.11n router basically disables 802.11n as it blocks out all the higher transfer rates on compliant routers.

- Most problems are caused by people who have draft N routers at home that allow combinations of settings that aren't valid under final N spec.

- As router will try to negotiate higher transfer rates that a compliant device will refuse to use under the standard which causes signal drop outs for compliant devices.

- Best settings for 2.4ghz for max compliance is 802.11n, WPA2/AES, 20Mhz channels, WMM Enabled.

- For highest throughput run pure N mode and not B+G+N mode or run G+N mode on your router.

Hope it help or someone will pump more input to assist you soon.

The only wifi I use is public wifi such a work and library. It won't pick up any even hen in range, only time is does is for that 30 seconds after turning the phone in while it's searching for my orange network

onaed said:
The only wifi I use is public wifi such a work and library. It won't pick up any even hen in range, only time is does is for that 30 seconds after turning the phone in while it's searching for my orange network

Go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings

already did that and no different

onaed said:
already did that and no different

Back up your iPhone through iTunes and try a restore. Don't restore from backup. Just resync all your information after it restores.