What's new

wifi aqnd facetime>>

ivyleaguer

Reaction score
I now have a JB'd iphone4. The only thing I am missing is wifi. I do not have routers in my home, so I have no wifi at home nor do I usually find it outside, this makes it impossible to use facetime talk.

Is there a way to make my phone it's own hotspot, allowing me to use facetime?, or at least letting me use facetime over my regular 3g network?

Thank you !!!

Yes, all you have to do is go to the cydia app store and search for an app called My3G. It tricks your phone into thinking your on a wifi connection therefore letting you do FaceTime over 3G! I don't remember how much it cost, but it does come with a trial I believe. I have the app and it works great! Hope this helps!

Edit: the app comes with a 3 day trial and costs $3.99 after the trial.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited:
Thanks so much!!!!!!! Everything seems to be working fine on the phone. The only problem is that long installous downloads seems to time out all the time. I wonder if it is my connection. If it is against policy to mention installous, I am sorry, and will not do it again !

Last edited:
ivyleaguer said:
Thanks so much!!!!!!! Everything seems to be working fine on the phone. The only problem is that long installous downloads seems to time out all the time. I wonder if it is my connection. If it is against policy to mention installous, I am sorry, and will not do it again !

The bad connection could be the problem. Sometimes my 3G signal drops and it makes my downloads time out.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Wow. I didn't know there was a workaround for the Facetime Wifi issue. Thanks for sharing.

Daryl James

Last edited:

And it's against policy to mention installous on the forum. Read the forum rules if you haven't done so. Thanks and keep it legit.