What's new

Facetime problem

vinz918

Reaction score
Me and my wife are both using iphone4 4.3.3 JB already, we have wifi connection at home and at work but i cant make a facetime call to my wife, and vice versa.. Please help.. Thanks!

vinz918 said:
Me and my wife are both using iphone4 4.3.3 JB already, we have wifi connection at home and at work but i cant make a facetime call to my wife, and vice versa.. Please help.. Thanks!

Do you guys have FaceTime enabled? Settings>Phone>turn FaceTime on.

Yup facetime already enabled.

iCrank said:
Do you guys have FaceTime enabled? Settings>Phone>turn FaceTime on.

Yup already enabled.

Yup facetime already enabled.

So where exactly is the trouble? You don't find the "face Time" button in the contact? Or you see the face time icon but it's gray out? Or you getting an error message saying that your contact is not available? Or face time can't just get connect?

bab2010 said:
So where exactly is the trouble? You don't find the "face Time" button in the contact? Or you see the face time icon but it's gray out? Or you getting an error message saying that your contact is not available? Or face time can't just get connect?

Facetime can't connect, it says connecting only..

Is it your contact phone number that you dial or your contact iTunes email account?

I don't see the problem. If wifi is on, if ft is enabled if your showing connecting then the only problem should be is accepting.
Do you guys have a firewall up.

Last edited:
Sorry that was suppose to be a question, but if the firewall would be on then who ever is trying to connect to the wifi wouldn't as it wouldn't single out just your face time? There is no firewall on iPhone correct?

Sounds like you need to do a complete reset. Is this problem on your phone or your wife's? Do you get the same message from both phones or just on one of them? Did you try face timing someone else with an iphone to see if this same problem keeps happening?

Sorry that was suppose to be a question, but if the firewall would be on then who ever is trying to connect to the wifi wouldn't as it wouldn't single out just your face time? There is no firewall on iPhone correct?

sorry about that ipotter. firewall can be a issue with using facetime as it's having trouble seeking the information it needs to fully register with the device. the firewall is a router issue not the iphone

Well I'm going to go with jailbrake issue if there was only one jailbrake method and no one else has issues fine but you have limerain, blackrain and others to brake the phone yeah one cydia but it could be a clitch in how it was broken.
Just a thought guys.

bab2010 said:

Facetime can't connect, it says connecting only..

Just head to setting> phone> face time/ turn it off, wait for about a moment and turn It back on again. Now you will be able to face time. Try it and it and you will see.