What's new

Wifi and bluetooth signal weak

idkhowtohack

Reaction score
hey i got a iphone 3gs and its verison 6.0.1 and its been acting up latley with my wifi and bluetooth. First off when im in my house i get usually 2 wifi bars in my room. Now i get no wifi in my room and i barley get 1 bar 10 feet away from my router. I recently went to my friends house and used his wifi, Same problem. Also when im in my car i listein to music using my bluetooth and i can barley get a bluetooth connection in my car. I have to put my iphone rite next to the dashboard to get the music to play. Im thinking whatever sends out and receives wifi/BT signals on my phone could be bad? I tried doing the whole restore the iphone deal to new and it didnt work, i reset my network settings and reset any other settings, didnt work. Im running out of things i can think of myself haha. If you think you know the problem can i fix it myself at home, if not what can i do. Its my everyday use phone so i cant just send it in for them to fix it. Any ideas?

Sounds like a harware problem. You can buy a new iPhone 3GS wifi antenna and replace it yourself if you'd like. All repair guides are on ifixit.com and you can buy parts from eBay or Amazon or another dealer. eBay and Amazon being the cheapest sites.